2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for late report but could not get to computer until this morning. Waded surf Tuesday morning at 7am on the Freeport side of San Luis Pass near beach entry #6. Surf was flat and just green enough. Throwing small live shrimp under popping cork only caught couple of fun to fight Horse Mackeral(a.k.a. Skipjack) and hardheads. Then a group just down from me and my partner startted catching fairly small specks on topwater. I edged towards them and during the next 30 minutes landed 3 keeper specks and one throw back on the shrimp. My partner switched to chartreuse bass assn and got 3 keepers...and then the school left and the bite ended. We hung around until 10am and then came in.

While there was a lot of small bait fish in the water, the trout didn't start hitting until thge rafts of mullet camer through. What a beautiful morning to be in the surf.

·
TEAM SUPERFISH ON!
222 Posts
I Was Right There With Ya Fish The First Gut Top Waters Were The Ticket 8 Trout To 22 All Between 6.00 7.00 Am Did You See All Big Scools Of Chad Biowing Up/ A Perfect Day To Be In The Surf

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve: You are right about the shad blowing up big time...once they came right at me from about 10 feet away which was pretty interesting. I wwas hoping it wasn't a big shark chasing them but I dont think they were.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts