2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5:30 - 9:00am, dead calm, rafting mullet, needlefish ambushing shrimp under diving gulls, 3-4ft clarity, 83* on the beach. Shrimpers caught a few schoolie trout, as did the spook clown. No bites on the chartuse tail or shedog, or green catch 2000.

For these conditions, it is slow for trout.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
It's been slow all week. High pressure, a full moon, two tide day, and nagging SSW winds.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Same results from 16 Mile Road in Jamaica Beach and San Luis Pass at the water tower. I threw a silver spoon, several mirrolures, gold spoon and several different soft plastics. Kenny nailed it right on with his reply!

Beeracuda said:
5:30 - 9:00am, dead calm, rafting mullet, needlefish ambushing shrimp under diving gulls, 3-4ft clarity, 83* on the beach. Shrimpers caught a few schoolie trout, as did the spook clown. No bites on the chartuse tail or shedog, or green catch 2000.

For these conditions, it is slow for trout.

·
Banned
214 Posts
nagging SW winds ????? from sargent to freeport.....it's been less than 8 MPH for the past many days...!!!??? I believe the time has reached us where the bite is better at nite.....water hit 86 fast.....high pressure and clear water. Wife and I this morning, Sargent, watched close to a hundred 2-4 foot black tips swim all around and under our boat. Landed a few plus a few bonnet heads........jack crevelles.....BIG whitting...nice sand trout...but surely no specs. Also watched porpose and babies swim and frolic around us. Two of the young ones were no more than a week or less old. VERY small. was still a blessed day !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
we fished surfside this morning for 2 hours at daylight with flyrods , junior had 1 spec ,i lost one and that was it . when the tide gets right it will be good !!!!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
harvey/mary said:
nagging SW winds ????? from sargent to freeport.....it's been less than 8 MPH for the past many days...!!!??? I believe the time has reached us where the bite is better at nite.....water hit 86 fast.....high pressure and clear water. Wife and I this morning, Sargent, watched close to a hundred 2-4 foot black tips swim all around and under our boat. Landed a few plus a few bonnet heads........jack crevelles.....BIG whitting...nice sand trout...but surely no specs. Also watched porpose and babies swim and frolic around us. Two of the young ones were no more than a week or less old. VERY small. was still a blessed day !!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, you're right.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Fish were there during primetime in abundance(20 +). Lots of action for about an 1.5 hrs. Only problem was, they were mostly right at the limit or just under it. Still, a very enjoyable session and a few fillets. Started out on east end of isle where the water lacked clarity. Reluctantly left a lot of bait there and headed west after no success. Water was in great shape on west end and that is where I caught them. Nothing early on top, big skipjack on 51 series and trout all on silver spoon. Wind clocked around to the south so I opted for a 3/4 oz. Tomorrow might be a replay. But, probably not for me. Green tides n' black dots!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ya, i think the sharks had a lot to do with it. The water was good and everything, but the sharks were EVERYWHERE.

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
I waded the surf (a few miles north of SLP) for the first time in my life on 6/10 and had great results. Got in the water around 8:00 am had a limit of 15-19" schoolies and was back at the beach house by 10:30. I was using a Chartreuse and silver 51 MR. Some waders using live bait were not doing so well. As soon as I got in the h2o I was catching fish.

I saw a few porpoise, but no shark. Last cast of the day I got broken off by something very big. Never saw it or turned it, but it was strong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts