2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't live with out them polerized glasses. only thing is I keep losin them. I lost my 3rd pair this year ya few days ago. I'm really irritated at myself. I had them nice glasses to begin with, but since I lose so many now, I just get those cheap wallyworld ones. do ya'll use them too?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Put them on a leash. Get some Croakies that float.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Don't use cheap sunglasses

they can do more harm than good.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Shades...

Yeah,what bill and kenny said...get the gooduns.Won't start the brand debate here,but ya git what ya pay for.Get the croakies or just get in the habit of puttin' 'em on the bill of your cap...you'll never lose 'em if ya never set 'em down.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont lose 'em whilst fishun but when I get home I set them down and can never find them... ughhhhhhhhhhh! I can't rememeber a thing. I hate that! anyways Bill you have a PM......JJ

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
Amen, pay for what you get. And wear them around your neck and don't lay them on a table. Don't take them in the house, leave them in the truck.

I'm using a pair of Maui Jims right now that are going on 7 years old so one advantage of paying a lot for sunglasses is that you don't dare lose anything that costs that much, lol.

TH

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Just be glad you don't have to put a perscription

in them, it will really jackup that price!! I had too just after Chistmas last year..Ouch!!

Attachments

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
Good suggestions?

What are some other decent brands and locations to find polarized glasses? I noticed Academy sells 'em, but these are the 13.00 pair. I was lookin' for a little better protection. Ideas? Maui Jims..where/cost??

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
bill said:
Only the new pairs are polarized.
That's probably true. About, 7-8 years ago I looked for polarized Ray Bans and couldn't find any. Bought a pair of Costa's and have never worn anything else. Cept for a couple of cheapy pairs I had to buy when I forgot mine at home.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Coasta's are the way to go

You know how to tell if you got a really good pair, put them on and look at a car window that has tent, you will see all the patterns.
Plus you will be seeing and casting to fish noone else even knows are there. I will never own any other type of sport (fishing) sunglasses. I have tried many different types, to me, hands down they are the best.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when I was went fishun friday I left my glasses in the truck and to fish sunglassless... i couldn't see jack squat. i had fish spooked before i knew they was there. i even had a good 25"+ dot tail not 10 yards away in front of and didn't even know it til my buddy landed him....lol............JJ

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it sounds like costas are the way to go. I just might have to get me a pair...or two.........JJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seringetti H2Optics

I bought some Seringetti H2Optics with brown lenses (recommended for Texas water) at the Shallow Water Expo and they are awesome. They are polycarbon lenses which are scratch proof and they also repell water. I paid around $110 for them and probably as many "Strike Kings" as I have gone through in the past they have paid for themselves. What ever you get I recommend brown lenses. You can see everything in the water with them bad boys. Good luck!
FM

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I use costas but keep a pair of cheap walley world renegades in my boat for when I take some one new out. They are actually half way decent. I had a pair of ocean waves before this pair which i think had better polarization, but there customer service was the worst I've delt with, to say the least I won't be buying oceans waves any time soon.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
Maui Jims...

rjohnson107 said:
What are some other decent brands and locations to find polarized glasses? I noticed Academy sells 'em, but these are the 13.00 pair. I was lookin' for a little better protection. Ideas? Maui Jims..where/cost??
Eye Masters carried them as do the sunglass places in the malls. You can also see them at Bass Pro. The glass lenses in them don't scratch like the polycarbonate lenses do and they just last longer. I had a pair of Costa Del Mars that I loved, but you couldn't see through them after one summer of fishing, lol.

Academy sells the Magellan polorized glass lense sunglasses and they're a good brand with stainless spring hinges and a case. My son loves them and has had great luck with them.

Whatever brand you choose, be sure to get the glass lenses; you'll thank yourself later.

TH

1 - 20 of 51 Posts