2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike and I waded the surf Sunday morning. It was flat and green when we got in. The birds were working the first gut like crazy to start and bait pods were busting like crazy. I casted a mullet into the middle of the action and had to hang on for the next 30 minutes as I hooked up on a nice 20 lbs + Jack. I would have cut the line so that it didn't scare away the rest of the fish but it peeled most of my line off and I had to get it back if I was going to fish anymore that morning. Ofcourse the jack scared off everything including the bird action. I was an hour and a half before we caught anything else. I managed 2 trout an 18" and a 21" after that. Mike got alot of nice pulls but lost them before we could see them. Sometimes the sun shines on a dogs butt and this morning Mike's butt wasn't the sunny one. He will bounce back and make me pay for it as he does every summer though. Not the morning I was expecting but we got to fish so it was better than most mornings. I should say that Mike caught a 3 foot black tip on a piggy perch so it wasn't a skunked morning for him. Tight Lines Fellas!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts