2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
We use that new Continous Spray Coppertone for kids on my 6yr old she seems to like it a little better and it works.....might be the fact that she can spray herself she is a little independent sucker right now lol

·
Retired and working
1,576 Posts
I am red headed....I use one that comes in a gray bottle with a blue top that states "OZONE". It has an SPF rating of 70. It works for me.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I use the bullfrog with the pump spray. It's easy to apply, not too greasy, and lasts all day.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Smart shield

Best we have used, kids can put thier hands in the live well and it does not kill the bait. It stays on in water and they have execellent after care products. They also have some very good sunscreen with bug repelent. Thier products are available at Academy, Buccees has but they are proud of it.

Be Cool,
cloudfishing

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I'm with wading fool, the Coppertone continuous goes on easily and works well. Just make sure you hit all areas, it has a fine mist. The only reason I stopped using it is because the smell really stays in your fishing clothes, but kids don't have to worry about that.

For me, the sun is my enemy, Irish/Scotch blood. I have found Kinesys spray. It goes on in a really fine mist, then dries dry. No oily feeling and no strong smell, and you don't break out if you use it over a long weekend of fishing. I have used all of them, the bull frog is the nastiest, but works great, and Smart Shield takes a brillo pad to get off of you after a day of fishing, lol.

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,447 Posts
Ribbitt. Bullfrog is goof stuff.

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
BULLFROG spray. They also have one with mosquito repellant, but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are also some non-chemical solutions. Try www.sunprecautions.com for lightweight sunblock clothing. Their fabric works like SPF 30+ sunscreen, but doesn't wear off. Some of their clothes are very comfortable even in very hot conditions. I wear this stuff on all of my trips and just need to put sunscreen on my face/hands. My kids also like limited sunscreen approach much better than getting it all over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts