2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Some Good SUN Glasse's Under $100 Any Suggestion's ?

THE PRICE OF FUEL IS KILLING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
just picked some up this weekend....

Polarized, wrap around, dark lenses by bolle.

Got em from Academy I think 69.95.

Work good for me.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
For around $120 you can pick up a pair of Costa Fathoms with the CR-39 lens at Boatersworld. Lifetime warranty.....I just sent my 8 yr old Wave Killers in for a complete lens change out and frame rebuild for like $80.00 can't beat that deal. They are well worth the money

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,892 Posts
wading_fool said:
For around $120 you can pick up a pair of Costa Fathoms with the CR-39 lens at Boatersworld. Lifetime warranty.....I just sent my 8 yr old Wave Killers in for a complete lens change out and frame rebuild for like $80.00 can't beat that deal. They are well worth the money
Just what i was going to say...... Costa's make a difference...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I picked up some Green Mirror Costa Del Mar wave killers on Ebay for 75 bucks... Some very nice deals on there...

·
Banned
798 Posts
Glass lenses...the way to go

Glass weighs more but is far superior in optics and scratch resistance. I have had them all and now sport a pair of Magellans(sp?) with glass lenses from Academy...I think they were like $59 with a blue mirror lense. Most glasslenses start at $150 and up.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
I used to use the cheap ones, then I broke down and bought my wave killers and will never go back. look at it as a investment just like a good rod and reel combo your eyes will feel so much more relaxed when you come off the water after being out there all day, they really make a huge difference in protecting your eyes. The cheap ones will allow you to define grass lines and potholes but they do nothing for your eyes

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
I have always used cheap ones for fishing. Do the high dollar polorized glasses make that much mroe of a difference than the cheapies? I use the cheapies because if i get one tiny scratch on them it drives me insane and I just dont see spending a $100 on a pair of glassses every couple of weeks.

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
My Costas don't scratch easy, see if the retail outlet will let you take them outside and compare .. On the water it matters.

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,892 Posts
Mitchw123456 said:
I have always used cheap ones for fishing. Do the high dollar polorized glasses make that much mroe of a difference than the cheapies? I use the cheapies because if i get one tiny scratch on them it drives me insane and I just dont see spending a $100 on a pair of glassses every couple of weeks.
The lenses are much more resistant..Plus, if you jacked them just send them in free repairs. Friend of mine shattered his lens this spring and his sent them in...they sent them back good as new...no charge. I have had mine for 3 years and they are still like new.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ya, go look on eBay. I bought some new fathoms on there for like $100.

I use to use the cheap glasses and i can tell you that the coastas make a difference. And they have a lifetime warranty to go with them.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
alright next problem i have is I havea huge head! any suggestions on models out there that cater to the big headed?!?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Pescador model works well with for us guys with bigger brains, I mean heads. Have a pair and are very comfortable. Have sent mine in twice and repaired at no charge. Well worth the investment. Could have bought 5 pairs if I add up how many cheap pairs I bought.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Cost Del Mars are worth it. Buy the glass lenses, they are very scratch resistent and will pay for themselves serveral times over because they won't scratch every time you sit them down like many other poly lenses. Costa's are the best I have worn, the color and claity is worth a little extra for me. Besides, when you buy a quality pair of glasses and take care of them, $150 over ten years or so isn't really that expensive.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I got a pair of Costas form the boat show for 125 or 150 and loved them.. Untill they got lost or stolen.. not sure.. ill get another pair at the boat show when it comes around

1 - 20 of 42 Posts