2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well could not make it offshore this weekend so went to east bay with my dad to fish for trout, caught a couple of keepers but mainly got on the water. but the real fun began when we were pulling out there were a couple of weekend warriors who tried to put their gulf coast in the back of their ford truck. the guy in the truck backed the trailer down to the point where the winch was almost at the water line and his buddy in the boat got all the way across caney creek and hit the trailer about 25mph. they got real lucky the bopat stopped when it did or they would have been in a bind! we sat there cleaning up and drinking cold beer watching people, man some people do not need to be on the water! if you can't back the trailer down the ramp,do you really need to be there?? now don't get me wrong i am not talking down on people i mean we all hard to start somtime, but the newbies sure are fun to watch learn. we talked to the game warden on Sunday afternoon in the San Bernard river and he said you would not believe some of the things people were pulling.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yeah Big Daddy if you want some good comedy just sit at the boat ramp for a little while, the only thing that irritate's me is when people are in the ramp and not prepared. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to launch or load a boat.

Andy

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Catfish,
I would have liked to see that. You knwo I can talk about loading a boat in the back of my truck but atleast I let someone run into me on the highway. I bet the game wardens do have some good stories.

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i love it when they back down and get out and ten take 20 minutes unloading gear and trying to back down the ramp! then get out in te water, take off and swamp everyone else at the ramp!

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
One day there were three buddies that took the kids for a day enjoying the river. They get back to the dock and about 5 or 6 kids get out on the dock they where from toddlers to early teens probably. One of the dads tell the kids to stay on the dock. One guy go to get the trail which they are pulling with a mini-van (does any really man ride but much least own a mini-van). By this time there are little kids going everywhere. While the other guys are in the boat getting ready to trail the boat.

So after about 5 tries the guy get the trail backed down the ramp. Pretty much taking up both lanes of a two lane ramp. Surprising the guys gets the boat on the trailer on the first try. So the boat driver tells the guy to pull the boat on out. But for some reason the guy driving the mini-van had gotten out. And to his surprise he shut the door and by chance the door locked some how.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
HAHA, I was going to pull out my boat one time on the deep ramp in port A, I have no idea why they built such a deep ramp but they did and my boat apparently is not deep at 28' and 24" draft(to skeg). Anyhow, I pulled up to the trailer and almost hit the back of the expy cause I am used to the boat stop stopping me. The only reason I had to use that ramp is because some idiots were camping out on both the shallow ramps. Anyhow, I got the boat on the trailer on the first try still but I scared myself for a second there.

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
worst i have seen it was two years ago on the 4th, i was still a water ski bum then, anyway San Bernard, Mcneil bridge (not a park, just a boat ramp) there were three or four families camping in the parking lot. you could not launch unless you got the kids out of the ramp that were swimming and riding jet skis. then you couldn't park because of the tents and rv's, then you couldn't use the pier because of the idiots bbq'n on the pier! i had a kid swamp my boat off the trailer on a jet ski and about ran over some lady who swimming laps across the ramp!

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what i will say about last weekend is that the game wardens were doing a god job, they were stopping people at the ramp and checking them before they hit the water. if they didn't have all the required gear they would turn them around and not allow them to launch. (no ticket) i thought that was cool cause i have forgotten a vest or two in my life. i was talking to them and they had turned a guy around because he was illegal, and then about 15 minutes later low and behold here he comes, private ramp up river, well i guess he thought they would not remember him but guess what! they got him, he had 6 people, nameplate was 4 2 life jackets, no throw cushion, firre ext was older than me, he got nailed hard. later

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Forgot a jacket or two. Boy you are try to make these people think you have always followed the rules.

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boy you know me. legal eagle, nameplate 25 with 20 cases of beer! kidding!

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Wife n I love to go to the River park on a Sunday eve and watch the show. It is toooo funny watchn some of the people load there boats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts