2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions on things to do before this rain drives me totally insane! If it doesn't stop soon, I'll have about as much hair as my husband, Troutsnot has, which is absolutely none. I've read about all I can stand, will go stir crazy if I work even one more Sudoku puzzle, and am sick and tired of cleaning house, though I have done very little of this!

Are there any 'indoor' activities going on throughout the weekend that anybody would like to share? Maybe it's just me, but the movies showing at the theatre just don't impress me this summer. We've about eaten out all we can stand, just to get out of the house. If I attend one more 'Happy Hour', I may have to start attending AA meetings...though Greek Bros., in El Campo, has Penny Pitcher night both Friday and Saturday night, I believe.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Greek Brothers is a blast, but watch out for those El Campo cops!! ;)

What's helped me get through is playing games. Dominoes, cards, drunk yahtzee... I'm sure your friends are as tired of the rain as you are, so have everyone over and bust out the twister game!! LOL!!

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
BertS said:
twister?

oh my.......
NO...You dont want to see TroutSnot playing twister. Trust me on this.

Kelly

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
you could bake a cake for your husband, clean the house, his reels, reorganize his tackle box...etc. :D

(ducking & running)

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
kdubya said:

Kelly
sorry, he never entered the equation........if you look at the avatar for Juicy, then think about twister.........????

·
Registered
236 Posts
LOL!! If yall get crazy with twister this weekend, you have to post pictures.

I think I should have suggested a different game... :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
MrsTroutsnot said:
I need suggestions on things to do before this rain drives me totally insane! If it doesn't stop soon, I'll have about as much hair as my husband, Troutsnot has, which is absolutely none. I've read about all I can stand, will go stir crazy if I work even one more Sudoku puzzle, and am sick and tired of cleaning house, though I have done very little of this!

Are there any 'indoor' activities going on throughout the weekend that anybody would like to share? Maybe it's just me, but the movies showing at the theatre just don't impress me this summer. We've about eaten out all we can stand, just to get out of the house. If I attend one more 'Happy Hour', I may have to start attending AA meetings...though Greek Bros., in El Campo, has Penny Pitcher night both Friday and Saturday night, I believe.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!
Clean house?????????????????????????????

·
Registered
114 Posts
kdubya said:

Kelly
Why not kelly????????

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
Troutsnot said:
Why not kelly????????
I've spent a week with you in POC. I've seen you in....Ahhh nevermind, I aint going there.

Kelly

·
Registered
252 Posts
For the last couple of weeks, I was playing online bingo, actually won $500, but ended up putting it all but $2 back. Playing nickels and dimes, I lasted quite a while. lol That's pretty much why I have been mia for the last couple weeks, well that and the kids. lol Why read about fishing, if I can't do it?? Just too depressing lately. Maybe things will be good by flounder season. At least I can hope! lol Hugs!

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
We followed up on the 'best enchilada' thread and drove down to West Columbia on Saturday to Lucy's. I gotta say though, that was a mighty expensive lunch. My foot got a little heavy leaving Jones Creek heading for Freeport and the LEO who just happened to be coming my direction at the wrong time thought I should contribute to the JC budget........:D
Ya'll jump in the truck and head out to places unknown for lunch at one of the eateries mentioned on 2cool. We were going to make the drive to Tivoli but got a late start. ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
dearly beloved and I play a lot of scrabble. I usualy loose since I drink more than her! Sounds like a good excuse huh?

Byron

·
Registered
875 Posts
What about going to the gym? That helped me a lot when it was cold outside when I thought I was about to go nuts. Worked off a bunch of pent up energy, and helped me towards keeping myself somewhat fit for good days of fishing. You could try going to a different sporting goods store each day too, just cause. You wanna come wax the boat?

sb:>

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If your truly bored then you can come clean my house if you'd like. Also don't worry about going crazy, sanity is highly overrated.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts