2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the jetty at 6:00 am. Surf was flat, green and the winds were light. Started off with a topwater and got many blowups but only 1 trout . They were hitting it alot but weren't hooking into it. I switched to soft plastic and caught around 10 with 3 being keepers. The trout stopped biting around 8 so I walked down the jetty stopping every 20 yards trying to pick up some mackerel. Only got 1 mackerel and a ton of bluefish. Got pretty hot so I called it a day around 10:30. Ended up with 3 trout 2 at 16" and one 17" and a mackerel. If the surf stays good Im going to fish it every chance I get this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Alex i am glad you are getting some topwater action.......in the surf and on the jettie.
see you tomm morning if you decide to fish i will be there early in the surf.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup they got some pretty sharp teeth. I had one bite me a couple trips back and I started to bleed. I was giving them all to this old man who said they are good fried. He said he soaks them in vinegar then fries them up...I was catching them 2 at a time on green spec rigs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yep good job i was out there this morning also and only caught on a silver diver plug. like you said the fish stopped biting so me and my buddy headed out around 11

·
Registered
14 Posts
surfside today

Nice pics - the water sure was pretty this morning. That small speck of a kayak on the left side of your pic of the surf was me... did about the same.. 4 keeper specks to 17'' and a bunch of throwbacks with a couple of pompano as well. The bite was so good there at the base of the jetty, I didn't have to go far all morning. Got hot and choppy @ 11am and called it a day.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HuntNFishNick said:
I was on the Jetties this morning i was the guy with the blue Shimano visor on? We may have talked?
Yep I was wearing a yellow shirt with a white hat. Did you pick up anymore fish on the walk back??

·
Registered
12 Posts
alex, when you headed out there next ? i wanna go if it still looks good ...we need to decide on there or matty i really dont care ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts