2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks good and it feels good. Has anyone used this brand of line? The guy I bought it from said it has no memory and casts like a champ. Its kinda pricey but if it helps with bird nests, Im all for it.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Switched

I just switched to it 3 trips ago... I use the 10lb test and man is there a difference if you ask me, I was an old school big game guy but now I am a SUFFIX thrower for sure. It has almost ZERO memory and if I do have some professional override it seems to really be "picking" friendly!!!

GO WITH IT!

Jode

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I used to use Sufix ProMix. I stopped because it seemed like after a day or so of fishing the "coating" on the line would come off, making the line rougher. This lead to increased overruns. The line did have little to no memory, though. I now use Trilene Sensation, which is the best line I have found. I believe it is some type of polymer blend, not mono.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I've been using it for three or so years and like it fine. The new lines are certainly superior to the older Suffix, which was good line IMO.

.......but then I'm not very discriminating.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Suxfix

My dad swears by it but when we are wading Im fishing and he is measuring his line with some cussing mixed in. He likes the green stuff. I like the Powerpro. If you like mono, use the Ande Backcountry it is light blue.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I spooled up one of my spinning reels with Suffix 14 lb mono about a year ago. As has been posted it has almost no memory and casts great. It didn't seem to be quite as tough as other lines though. I noticed that after every third or fourth fish it tended to get roughed up and I had more break-offs than what I was used to.

I was thinking about giving it another try though and ust paying more atention to the abrasion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts