2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be on my way to South Nags Head one week from today and I am wondering how the fishing has been out that way. We are flying into Richmond on Friday then hopping a ride with my brother on Saturday morning and staying until the following Saturday.

Has anything toothy been biting out there? I hear the flounder are hitting well at the inlets and finger mullet are starting to show up. A few of the boards I check don't seem to have a lot of people targeting sharks on them.

I think we will try to make it down to Oregon Inlet one day to fish but mostly will be fishing out in front of the house.

Are you going to be out and about anywhere near there the 18th through the 25th?

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Been pretty sloppy over the past few weeks. 3 hurricanes and another on the way, you know? Head to half-over-head surf is not easy to fish. There have been a few biters in the calm spots though- blacktips mainly, down around False Point and Hatteras Inlet. We picked up what we think was a finetooth a couple weeks back a touch north of Cape Point. There's a pretty good flounder bite going on everywhere, plus some monster seamullets up on the north beaches (R34 area).

If you get some flatter water, and if the bluefish will ever show back up, there should be plenty of teeth following after them.

I'm not going to be around those days. They handed me a chemo schedule yesterday- I start back on the 21st. Catch you next time?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts