2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't go into all the details, but somewhere down the line my 25 horse that was supposed to stay on the boat wound up coming off the boat under power. After all the excitement was over I managed to pull the motor back into the boat by the battery wires(thank goodness I had the battery box lid strapped down). Anyway when I removed the cowling a couple of quarts of water splashed out. The motor was under water probably less than 10 seconds but long enough for it to suck in water and die. I removed the plugs and sprayed EVERYTHING within eyesight down with penetrating oil. I am gonna remove the carbs tonite and begin to work on the clean up. What's next? Anyone ever have a motor go under? Thoughts and opinions welcomed. I beleive someone tried to swipe the motor on Sat. afternoon when I left from the house. That's why it came off. I used the electric start and did not notice it loose. I guess I should have used the rope.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
pull the carbs and pour oil into the manifold, it does not take long for those bearings to rust up, when they do, it wont be long untill there is a hole in the block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts