2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for the 30-50 class stripers to start eating large skipjack on the cumberland river here in TN.I will be going over the next few months and hope to have some pics to share with you guys .I dont post on this site as much as I used too.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Can't wait for the photos. Are we talking inches or pounds? I also hear the Cumberland has some giant catfish. I think my friend fished around Clarksville. Is that spriper country also?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats 30-50 pounds.Clarksville is traditionally better for cats but the stripers are there also but the big stripers are found in the Gallitin-Carthage area.Thats called Old Hickory lake and Cordell Hull lake.Its really one of the best river systems in the country for stripers.We fish discharge from a coal fired steamplant and it draws in tons of bait and just about everything that swims.You can have 25-30 degree air temps and the water from the plant to a mile down river is around 60 degrees.I catch my biggest cats on the TN river system.Catching cats over 70 pounds is not uncommon.I haven't got one that big yet but people catch them that big or bigger every year.Dec.19 last year I caught 6 stripers at that steamplant from 32 to48 pounds all freelining large magnum size live skipjack.I was using 50pound braid with a 30 pound florocarbon leader and a 10/0 octopus hook.Thanks Jamie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts