2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted to thank everyone for a terrific 2009 and I hope you enjoy these pictures from this morning and the past few days. They were taken with a Nikon at 1/8000 of a second shutter speed. On the individual duck pictures, look closely for the shot string as it is captured on film. As the sun came up, the shot turned to a silver-whitish color on film.

Gunning through the cold weather and ice had it's challenges here on the coast. It was a brutal assault on us and our clients as we entered "unfamiliar" conditions. We hit some homeruns and made some mistakes. Taking a page from old Arkansas duck days helped and refreshed the memory a bit when approaching freeze out conditions. We have picked up a tremendous number of ducks but light pressure is creating some problems. The birds seem like they are balling up and moving in swarms, not my favorite air traffic.

More weather coming Friday, we look for some heavy hitting tomorrow and in the near term.

Best wishes,

Capt. Kris Kelley
Castaway Lodge, Inc.
109 W. Austin
Seadrift, TX 77983
1-888-618-4868 Office
361-785-4487 Fax
361-648-3474 Cell

Attachments

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Absolutely stunning pictures. I hope you don't mind if I steal one or two for my desktop background... LOL

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for checking out the pics and the comments. It's bottom of the 8th and we're ahead by a run. Season closes on the 24th. Here's a few more low speed stragglers from the last few days.

Attachments

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
Chris, have you considered putting together a page for 2009/2010 with a collection of your best photo's ? Not a simple photo gallery type pagel, but something a bit more worthy of those spectacular photo's. Maybe an album/slideshow deal ?

I'm not the one to do it, but I'd love to see it. I'm partial to ducks and dogs and you have some of best stuff I've seen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts