2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. Maybe I should clarify - my brother who lives in Dallas was lucky enough to get a Stradic for father's day. He might get to fish once every two years or so. I had recommended to the sis-in-law to get him something a little cheaper when she asked, since basically it will never get used. I fish 4-6 days every month -all saltwater and i get by just fine with the old Mitchell...I guess I'm just cheap!

Hmmm...taking the bro out on the 4th in Port A...maybe he'll forget the outfit and leave it in the boat...

·
11,765 Posts
Paint that Mitchell white and swap reels when he isn't looking. Seriously though try it out when he brings it. Nice reel. Although I think the Symetre line is a better value for the buck.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sounds like to me that you should make an "indian" trade.

The Stradic is one of the best spinning reels Shimano makes....we use them on all our tournament spinning rods (Waterloo).

By the way, I used to have some Mitchell's also. For the money, they are pretty hard to beat.....and take a helluva lot of abuse! (ie:kids, wife)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with Too Tall. I've had nothing but Stradics for the past six or seven years but we used to get them for $80-$100. I think the Symetre line performs better than my Stradic from five years ago and they are a faster reel too.

I havn't fished a Mitchell in fifteen years so I'll leave that alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts