2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of braid would you guys recommend for this reel. Probably a 20#/8diameter is what I want to spool with. Is there a brand that works better than others on spinning gear? It's for my wife and I'm sure rod tip wrapping will be an issue :)

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Blake I have a Stradic spooled with Suffix 30/8 about to change to FINS due to what I've been hearing, sure you will get several replies. I like how the Suffix has done with the # and lb-age of fish caught....WW

Reactions: Haute Pursuit

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
my 2500 will throw 20 pound braid to the spool so I recommend 15 lb powerpro. the only problem is that academy doesnt sell 15 lb powerpro but I have found it at marburgers.

Hey Bantam1 send academy some 15 pound powerpro please!!!

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my 2500 will throw 20 pound braid to the spool so I recommend 15 lb powerpro. the only problem is that academy doesnt sell 15 lb powerpro but I have found it at marburgers.

Hey Bantam1 send academy some 15 pound powerpro please!!!
No joke??? You can dump over 150 yards on the cast with this reel? I doubt my wife can but I will try to find some 15#. The 15# isn't to flimsy with wind???

·
Registered
83 Posts
PowerPro

I have a 2500 Saros with 30 lb PowerPro on it and haven't every had any problems. I've had the same PowerPro on for about 4 years, but they've been light fishing years and it holds up really well...

I know it's a bad practice, but the line is still in great shape, so why change it?

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
PP 15 or 20 here as well. You better get stradic too, as the wife will be outcasting ya in those impossible to reach windy spots... LOL

It happens..

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I cant tell any difference between the 20 and 15 as far as casting in teh wind. But I can remember last spring and summer throwing a popping cork down to the spool in a good wind. Definitely get the 15 powerpro. Last year i tried suffix and I just didnt like it. The line seemed to get worn for some reason. Maybe it was from heavy usage on bruiser reds I had going for 6 weeks everyday but I definitely like powerpro better. It just seems stronger and to last longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts