2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get kicked off the beach Friday night because of the tide surge at PINS ? Obviously some folks did not make it, as there were several autos with varying degrees of water damage the next day. It is no fun having to pack everything up at 12:00 a.m., but I guess it beats getting flooded.
In other news, the fishing was slow ( at least for me ). Limits of slot reds in the 20's, no sharks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
surfcats

Got ran off at 2:00 am from the 27MM. Fishing was slow!! Fished the 27MM Fri, 17MM & 25MM on Sat, and 22MM on Sun. Plastic was a problem.. Probably all backwashed from the hightide. The surf was looking good Sunday as I was leaving. At least getting to a point where kayaking baits was more reasonable. What won surfcats?? Heard of only two nice reds around 42" being caught. Any sharks at all????? 300 people were entered, but not sure how many showed...
later..

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I too noticed that conditions were very nice Sunday, as I was exiting the beach. I talked to several of the Surfcats folks, and of the 8, or 9, I talked to, most had caught a few slot reds at most. I talked to 1 guy at length on Saturday morning while waiting for the beach traffic to settle and then again on Sunday. He had caught only a 4' blacktip in 3 days I have no idea what won though. When I talked to the warden at the exit check station, he was surprised we had caught limits of slot reds. He said most folks were not catching much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts