2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to park my daughters car for about 4 months at my ranch. Basically it will located in grass that is about a foot high. I know from past experience that mice will make it home and eat all of the wires. I'm hoping that the 2-Coolers will have a solution. I have thought about placing it on cinder blocks or placing a couple of cats inside. Anyone have a better idea?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Plenty of moth balls! Under hood, inside, trunk and anywhere else you can put them. We use them to run the mice out of our big generaters and they seem to have worked on the squirrel in my old boat. just remember to remove them before she starts driving it again.
Kirk

·
Reel Boy - Team Reel Blessed
1,827 Posts
My parents just had to pay a fortune to have all the wiring redone on their HD2500 Duramax. They drive it everyday and something still got in there and chewed all the wiring.

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
Mothballs evaporate over time, and give off nasty smelling vapors. If you use them, put them in a metal or glass container like a pie tin or babyfood jar so they don't damage the carpeting. Don't use a plastic container. You will need to replentish them every 30-60 days. Also scatter them on the ground under the vehicle, and around a 5 foot perimeter.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
weed eat the grass real short and then spray the area with a heavy, stong dose of round-up. I have seen this help, the mice stay in the grass where they are hidden instead of coming out into the open area. also the mothballs help greatly. Maybe try to close up as many holes as possible.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Catch a big Texas Rat Snake and your problem is solved or maybe a pet Hawk.
My father would use the mothballs also and they do work, But the weed eater and roundup would do well along with using the mothballs

·
Registered
90 Posts
We used to have this problem with the hunting trucks left at the deer lease. My Dad came up with idea to prop the hood up with a 2 x 4. Seems the mice would get under the hood for protection or warmth (in the winter). Now everybody props their hood open (about a foot) on the trucks they leave down there, and problem solved. Hope this works for you.

·
Hat Creek Cattle Company, Porch Office.
707 Posts
Dryer sheets like bounce work real well, just tie them on the wiring under the dash and hood and other places you don't want them nest. We do this to all our tractors to keep them from chewing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts