2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Angler Emeritus
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the report is sketchy, the Bee County Sheriff's Dep't recovered my stolen F250 King Ranch today. Only a week has passed and the truck has made at least one trip South of the Border and back. On pulling the truck over, all the illegal aliens inside scattered on foot. I do not know how many, if any, were apprehended. As for the truck's condition, it sustained exterior damage. What the inside looks like remains unknown. My ins. co. and I are now trying to get the truck back to Houston to ascertain its true condition.

Thank you Bee County Sheriff's Dep't. Or DPS, or Border Patrol, or all three. You guys did your usual outstanding job as law enforcement officials.

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,890 Posts
good for you.....protect that bad boy now! The guys who stole, if caught, will be back on the street in no time! The next new vehicle I buy will have every tracking device known to man on it.

·
1,890 Posts
Also might want to search that truck REALLY well... no telling what might be hiding inside a seat, gas tank, washer fluid tank, etc.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
I just don't get these guys. If they are going to steal a vehicle for hauling around illegal aliens, wouldn't you think they would get something a little less conspicuous?? Like a 1980's suburban or something, not a brand new F250 King Ranch. Jeeez. Guess they wanted to ride in style. They can't be that intelligent if they are driving back and forth across the border in a stolen truck. DUH

Congrats on getting it back. Hopefully it can be fixed up.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
They grab the 3/4 and 1 ton Fords because they're easy to break into and easier to start up. The larger trucks also don't sag in the suspension as much when you throw 20 of them in there.

SSMike, You gonna have Capt too nervous to drive even drive that truck when he gets it back.

·
Registered
939 Posts
O yeah..

SSMike said:
Also might want to search that truck REALLY well... no telling what might be hiding inside a seat, gas tank, washer fluid tank, etc.
Plenty of room for a few more aliens or smuggled goodies in those places.

Glad your gettin truck back, i hope they caught some of em.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
my bud's truck got the same treatment its a 4dr 4x4 f350 it apeared to have made the border trip about 5 times according to the odo . it sounds like yours is in the same shape .he did not have much luck with the insurance company so get ready ...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would have made my insurance company cut me a check 3 days ago. They won't do it now that the truck has been recovered. Depending on who your carrier is, I am afraid the fun has only started on this one.

·
1,890 Posts
never know... You might find your very own landscaper hidding in the console. I live down in Corpus... I get a bad case of "red ***" when it comes to theives...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Awesome that you recovred it bro, might wana check for drugs or something god knows what they brought over. LOL MIKE hahaha

·
Registered
145 Posts
MEGABITE said:
How can they cut him a check if they don't know what's damaged/missing?
If the truck is stolen, the truck is missing. Something like 90% of all stolen vehicles, however, are recovered within 7 days of being stolen. Insurance companies know this and therefore stall claims on stolen vehicles so they don't have to payout when there is such a good chance the vehicle will eventually be recovered.

So what you end up with 90% of the time is a trashed vehicle (theives have little incentive besides not drawing attention to themselves to treat your truck nicely) and the insurance company saying, hey, you got it back, good as new.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
I agree with everything you typed except the good as new part, they will have to
write a check for the repairs after his deductible, right?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Right. Except the insurance company will not pay you for the rubber that is worn off your tires for the 3500 miles that are peeled off the odometer (2000 of which miles were driven on caliche roads with potholes the size of volkswagons in them south of the border), nor will they pay you for the panels shocks springs and bushings that now rattle, nor the dust that has managed to make its way to the inside of all the guages, and probably not for the smell of a dead pig the new occupants "found" and thereafter decided to transport 60 miles to a fiesta before hooking it back to Houston.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts