2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still on the boat with the astros but i tell you its rough out here and i'm getting sick.

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
I don't think anyone is bailing out on them, but I know my head sure hurts from banging it against the wall!! :headknock
podnuh said:
I'm not bailing out on them. They sure have wasted a golden opportunity to gain ground on the Cards though.

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,919 Posts
I am really ****** at the way they are stinking it up, but i will be with them no matter what. They will play better in the second half. My prediction is that they will finish about 5-10 games over .500 and miss the playoffs by a small margin.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
I've been a die hard Astros fan for 43 years. I'm not going to give up on them, but they sure do stink right now.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
They have fallen on hard times lately, although I have to admit that this time last year was way harder! I will always be a fan.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Now I am a die hard Astros fan but I have to wonder if it's just me or does anyone else think this: I believe (from the beginning) that the Astros were not going to make a long run of it this year and that the signing of Clemens was a waste of money, yea he is good, but they're still not going to make it deep, why spend that kind of cash for one year with the probability of coming out on top being slim to none?

Tony

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
sumbeech said:
...why spend that kind of cash for one year with the probability of coming out on top being slim to none?

Tony
They can always trade him if they want to. What do you think the Yankees or Red Sox would give up to have the Rocket in their rotation right about now? I'm guessing alot!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm hoping all the band wagon fans quit rooting for the STROS...when they finally seem like there done for the season, that's when they get on a hot streak and do enough to win the WC.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They can always trade him if they want to. What do you think the Yankees or Red Sox would give up to have the Rocket in their rotation right about now? I'm guessing alot!

Yea, you're on the mark with that !

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,919 Posts
sumbeech said:
Now I am a die hard Astros fan but I have to wonder if it's just me or does anyone else think this: I believe (from the beginning) that the Astros were not going to make a long run of it this year and that the signing of Clemens was a waste of money, yea he is good, but they're still not going to make it deep, why spend that kind of cash for one year with the probability of coming out on top being slim to none?

Tony
With the amount of fans every Clemens start draws into the stadium, never consider his salary a waste. Win or lose, it is a treat to see one of the all time greats pitch for our Astros. Not only that, he is still one of the best in the league.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Still got wild card potential

I truly believe if the Tiger's hadn't paid off the Umps, we would have had a much better week. Must admit though, it was kinda fun watching Phil get his panties all in a wad and "eject" the chair on his way out. Most of the time I feel like somebody better go over and check to make sure he's still breathing during the games.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts