2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had a post and a few of the shops sugested on the south side but nobody works on a 89 corsica sunbird to old so i figured i'l give it a shot , its a 4 cylender ford engine the motor runs fine but have trouble with the throtle handle , it feels like it sticks going forward and reverse but once past a certain point its fine , The last shop put new cables on it ,any sugestions ?also after the shop fixed it we had a accident on it, while coming in to dock when i tried to put it in reverse the boat lunged forward My girl had one foot on the dock so the boat dident brush up against the pier, snaped her foot dont ask ,sure as h_ _ _ dont want to take it back to harwin boats , Also hope it never hapens to anyone but if u do have a accident on a boat leave it at the dock if u r in galveston utmb has no boat and truck parking the boat has not left the yard since, just a reminder this happened 3yrs ago so i dont know if they have any now . Back to the boat ,I live on the north side and called some of the shops and heard it all , Bring it to me in the winter, sell me the boat for parts , take it to a dealer , it may cost around $500to fix it , just frustrated should i just sell the d_ _ n thing ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Don't know anything about the boat you are speaking of but have you checked your throttle controller??? If the cables were replaced and the problem still persisted only two things left... the linkage on the motor and the throttle controller itself.

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
There is an interruptor switch on the throttle linkage on top of the motor that kills the spark momentarily when the shift lever is moved off neutral and into gear. What this does is unload the drivetrain for a split second so the gear dog clutch can slide into gear. If that switch is broke, or not adjusted correctly, you will get the exact same symptom you have now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did call mikes marine and he does not work on omc cobra..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts