2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Needing some help from the gun guru's. I'am looking at the following rifle and could use some feedback. Good/bad points, fair market value, and so on.

Steyr
Model S
Wood stock
Double set triggers
No rings or scope
95% plus condition
Excellent bore

Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Not well known. I think they are very good weapons.

Have a SSG-69 in .308 with the double set t's and a Mod. M. in 30-06. Both very accurate. Bolts operate like a fine swiss watch. Love the double triggers.

No real help on value. There are some crazy high ones on some of the auction sites, but I have seen some for sale that I thought were grossly under priced but had no takers through multiple gun shows. Thin market for those kinda pieces.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pro-hunter

TerryM,

I have the steyr pro-hunter, 7-08 with a composite stock.

It is light and accurate. Did some research through the net and found several reviews on it. None were negative. The reason I bought? Because all reviews state that it is very accurate. Example of a review here: http://www.chuckhawks.com/steyr_pro-hunter.htm

If you look at the steyr site, the prices are scary. Got mine through this site: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ and paid $35 USD to a local gun dealer to receive it and do the paperwork. Download their catalog (not dial up friendly). They sent it in a plastic rifle case, which I am still using.

I put a Nikon scope on it, with extra high rings. Mine does not have double set triger.
I love this rifle. Can't say enough good things about it.
I also own a reminton 700 in 30.06 caliber. Have not touched it since I got the steyr. Can't help you with pricing.

Let me know if You have any other questions.

Raul (aka Ruff)

·
Registered
513 Posts
My go to rifle has been a Steyr Model M Professional in 270 with the double set triggers for years. Very accurate and like Ernest said "Bolts operate like a fine swiss watch". I would not hesitate to buy another one.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good guns, just don't know if I could own a Mann-licker...oops I mean Mannlicher...gun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts