2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fixin to drop some cash ($300) on a 9mm Steyr and was wondering if any of yall shoot them. I've done some searches on the internet and havn't heard any negative comments about them. Talking to the guys at Gander, they said it's a great pistol for the price and will out preform the Glocks (accuracy).
what do yall think
thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
?

They are formidable weapons. You are getting a steal for that price. Depending on which model it is, you can't beat the price. Good luck and enjoy it.

·
Carlos
168 Posts
Steyr pistols

Heard nothing but good things about them, but you need to shoot about 500 rds. thru it to break it in and get it to function properly. Where, may I ask are you getting one for that price? At Gander or somewhere else? Thanks Carl

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Styer is not the most popular gun in the case. But among my circle of shooting friend they are highly thought of and about as good a "bang-for-your-buck" as you can get. I don't know anyone that has one or has had one or that has just handled/fired one that wasin't positvely impressed. I have held fired a few rounds out of a Steyr .40 and was not impressed but then I'm used to my Glocks. :D

They are less expensive than Glocks but a great value. I think that to say that they will out perform Glocks is a bit of a stretch. Remember you are talking to a SALES CLERK. He's likely to say anything to bolster your inclination to buy what every your looking at.

Bottom line, I say that you will enjoy your Steyr. But if you really want to stack it up against a Glock you need to do some research. When it comes to Glocks they are very hard to beat when it comes to accuracy, durability, consistancy, dependability just as they come out of the box. The availability of parts and service is also excellent for Glocks. Do your legwork to make sure you are getting what you want and that you KNOW what you are getting.

It may be a hassle but not nearly as much of a hassle as buying a pistol and then finding out later that is not what you want and that it has features and characteristics that you don't like.

See if you can find a range that will rent you one and try it out. Just for grins you might also want to rent a G-17 (full size 9mm) or G-19 (compact pmm) and compare the tow. That way you can lay your money down with complete confidence and that is ALWAYS the best way.

Good luck! I'd like to know how you make out too if you don't mind.

Here's my G-17 right out of the box.

Attachments

·
Banned
317 Posts
if you are getting a .40. concider the sig. I shot the glock and it had too much recoil due to the fact that it is so light. Glock "fixed" this by porting two holes on the barrel, if you ever shoot it after dark it looks like fire is shooting out the top of it. if you want to shoot a sig, buy a box of rounds and then call me.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
I got it back in January and have already put about 1800 rounds through it. Sweet ain't the word...I just can't keep my hands off it! I only got it to plink with and it is a real hoot. And a lot cheaper to shoot than my G-23 (.40 S&W) and my G-21 (.45 ACP).

HEAVYDUTYCHEVY said:
Is that the new Glock?? That thing is sweetness.....

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
They ook like the Springfield XD, the Smith M&P, (even a little HK in it), both of which feel great in the hand. steyr makes nice weapons, I'm sure the pistol will shoot nice, and at $300 sounds like a buy, shoot, sell it if it doesn't do what you want. Does Gander have them at $300 or a friend, Taurus pistols are that price and I'd take a Steyr over a Taurus any day. Disclaimer: I have shot Taurus pistols and like them, matter of fact the ones I shot were very accurate, just not the nicest looking guns.IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.