2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have (2) JL M3 770 with a JL M200 amp I will be installing. Looking to get rid of the cd player I have been using for years. I am looking at a few different units. Anyone have thoughts, preferences?

I want to go with this Fusion MS-BB10, but will this connect to Lowrance through the NEMA network?

Wet Sounds WS-MC-5

Fusion MS-RA60

Clarion GR10BT

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fusion bb100 is NEMA2000 to my Garmin so there should be no issue
Garmin owns Fusion so wasn't sure, but I found the answer and they're supposed to link up with any unit on a NMEA network. You a fan of the bb100?

·
Kamikaze
4,631 Posts
I have the Clarion and so far I like it. It doesn't take up a lot of dash space and has built in amp.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Garmin owns Fusion so wasn't sure, but I found the answer and they're supposed to link up with any unit on a NMEA network. You a fan of the bb100?
For what it is it's okay. It's processor or whatever you call it is slow. So I got an apple I pod for music to link to it, works much better than the stick reader.

Power wise I added an amp to it when I added 2 more speakers. I didn't have to but it sounds better. It will power low watt speakers fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For what it is it's okay. It's processor or whatever you call it is slow. So I got an apple I pod for music to link to it, works much better than the stick reader.

Power wise I added an amp to it when I added 2 more speakers. I didn't have to but it sounds better. It will power low watt speakers fine.
I just need something that handles a BT signal from the phone. I'll have an external amp as well.

·
Kamikaze
4,631 Posts
I connected my unit to a small marine amp to drive 4 speakers. Plenty loud even while cruising at 30mph.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,251 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I completely got rid of the head unit and hooked a Bluetooth receiver directly to the amp and control everything through my phone. Works awesome and been going on 5 years... I put a glovebox where the hole in my console was.

This is the one I have:

JL AUDIO MBT-RX Waterproof Bluetooth Receiver- Make Any Car Amp Bluetooth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH5CFEU/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XCZF83XY5KZ1EGG8KFZW
You sir are the man. That is exactly what I want to do. I have no need for a head unit, I want to control everything from my phone!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I completely got rid of the head unit and hooked a Bluetooth receiver directly to the amp and control everything through my phone. Works awesome and been going on 5 years... I put a glovebox where the hole in my console was.

This is the one I have:

JL AUDIO MBT-RX Waterproof Bluetooth Receiver- Make Any Car Amp Bluetooth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH5CFEU/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XCZF83XY5KZ1EGG8KFZW
I’ve been doing the same thing with this thing plugged into an amp, since 2014 based on my order search on Amazon, still going strong.

Bluetooth Car, Boat, Spa Stereo Receiver Adaptor-Converter-Receiver-Dongle 12V
by JBTools
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAPZRH2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_FA8QDXNCBCAQTWG52ESX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
240 Posts
I have a bb100 hooked to my simrad and amp with no head unit it works perfect and the Bluetooth range is great

I actually have a new Bb100 in the box never installed $250 OBO 281-979-9933

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,772 Posts
Get with Yellow Skeeter you can reach him through his website... yellow skeeter.com ... Kenny can get you a JL BT100... plug that to your amps and run it through your speakers. Only downside is there is no ability to 'tune' high low mids since you won't have a head unit but, honestly on a boat, on plane.. the wind and noise really drown out any advantage of spending a lot of money on a head unit. I've been running just a BT100 to an amp for several years and super happy with being able to run my blue tooth from my phone no matter where I am in the boat. Also, while your at it, add a phone charger usb port so you can charge your phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts