2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SOUTH TEXAS DREAM'N
1,109 Posts
Sure! You are in the "Post Rut" Phase. Does that didn't get bred the first time, are coming back in. Also, have yearling fawns that will be coming in to heat. I have rattled many bucks in at this time in Texas and Mexico. Just ask OL' Rusty S. So, hit them horns this weekend. You might be surprised. I will sure be knocking mine around! Good Luck!

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
Do you have an idea what your buck to doe ratio is?? If your over run with does your chances won't be as good as the ratio is closer.. don't be to agressive and mix in a primos estrus can..G-Luck

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I'll bring the Horns for sure. Buck Doe ratio is 1-2 or there-abouts best guess. They have gone to a management by Mountain Lion plan thinking they only eat fawns and does, not a good idea. I sent them the photo of a lion and a decent buck killed at a feeder in South Texas. I would rather eat Mountain Lion than most S.Tex Deer I've tried.

·
Raiser of BOB White Quail
19,039 Posts
Yes, The does come back in heat till they conceive. I saw a doe being chased 2 days ago. Keep your eyes open. I saw this buck chasing this doe in the same spot for a couple of days in a row.Same procedure during the rut its no different their well you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts