2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten some deep brown stains on the deck of my boat form palm tree seeds and can't seem to get rid of them...I have tried power washing, power washing with baot soap, FSR with brush, etc.......nothing seem to get them out.

Does anybody have a proven way to get the deck clean ?

Thanks

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Dulon Quik Clean. Guaranteed to get it out with no rubbing involved. If you are in the Houston area send me a PM and I will let you have enough to take care of the problem area.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Star Brite instant hull cleaner,, Star brite non skid deck cleaner, both work well and can be found at any boating center

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Their website is www.dulon.com and the email address is [email protected]. I tried all the other regularly available chemicals and not one single brand I tried comes even close to what Dulon does. It's a bit pricey at $20.00 for two bottles but with a few capfulls I can take all the yellow waterline stains off my boat in about 10 minutes, with no rubbing. It also removes rust stains, blood, squid juice and everything else I've tried it on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
stains

tex, I get them stains also but I think mine come from the blossom--leave a little purplish stain, late spring thru summer, sorta wish trees had of frozen along with most others in my area in the big freeze of 1983. Sometime nov/dec the stains dissappear--fish scum, simple green, elbow grease, I don't know. Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Barkeeper's Friend or any other product with oxalic acid in it. Barkeeper's Friend is all of about $3 a can. This stuff must be a Florida secret. It is all they say they use over there to clean stains on their hulls and I have never heard anyone recommend it in these forums. Boy does it work. Make a paste out of it with a little water and let it sit on the stain for about 10 minutes. Wash off with water and whammo! stain is gone. Gets leaf and rust stains out of fiberglass like nothing else you will find.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
jtizzle
I agree that stuff will work and it will clean up your T-Top to It is worth a try before you pop off 20 bucks.
Team Sponge I will put dulon on the list I am always looking for less work on the clean up of the boat
joker

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Big ROGER on the less work part. I'm getting too old to be scrubbing decks anymore. I also have the Barkeeper's Friend and use it for the stainless steel rails but the Dulon is simply apply with wet sponge and rinse off. Also, it is eco-friendly and won't hurt your paws like some chemicals. Like I said...anyone wants a sample of mine just let me know and I'll be glad to share.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
If none of that stuff works then ospho, a rust primer will work wonders. Can get it most good hardware stores. Its thin like water just brush it on and wait about 30 minutes and wash it off .

charlie

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had some of the same issues with trees in the yard. I was always amazed at how when I took my boat in for service and they cleaned it up with no problems. I found out that they use tire cleaner from wallmart.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Bar Keepers Friend

for rust stains just go to Kroger and buy a couple cans of "BAR KEEPERS FRIEND"
its in a gold can (Like AJAX) only costs about $1.29, I have used it and it works real good.

·
Registered
214 Posts
team sponge.....guys with your attitude are what makes this board so unique and so great. willingness to share not only information but even product

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
muratic acid, pour it on, take a big wiff of the fumes and them hose the stuff off if you are still alive. It works almost instantly.

·
Team Tailgunner
95 Posts
Dulon Quik Clean

Sponge thanks for the info I plan buying some this.

Team Sponge said:
Dulon Quik Clean. Guaranteed to get it out with no rubbing involved. If you are in the Houston area send me a PM and I will let you have enough to take care of the problem area.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts