2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to include the word Snook in the Title . That should get a few more hits...

Took my brother and one of his employee's out for a ride out of Freeport this am. Winds were out of the S and SE at about 15 kts. Must of been about some 5 /6 ft rollers out there. That stopped our trip past the jetties. We were looking for Bull Reds but ended up with some of the other fish I don't usually catch up the coast a bit.

Ended up the day with Jetty Snappers, Snook, Croaker up to 3 # and a flounder.

It was great to catch some fish that is not usually on the menu. All snooks released to contribute

Spoons and live shrimp were the ticket.

P.S. Remember.. No Bananas .. Long story...

With out giving away the GPS, here is a pic . LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good deal on the Snook. I've caught some monster Snook when I lived in south Florida and hear it's common down South on the Texas coast but have never caught one up this way. Glad to know they are here.

·
Banned
688 Posts
Anyone ever catch one in the galveston bay complex (including trinity)?
That would be really cool if they started showing up. Probably the best tasting fish in the world.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My grandfather caught a Nice Snook (about 5 pounds) in Caney Creek about 15 years ago and the fishery dept. in Lake Jackson came and picked it up alive to keep there. I have not heard of alot coming from this area of Texas coast.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
That looks like a" Fat snook", they get up this way, but don't get that big. Either way what a cool thing to catch, congratulations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts