2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Justin and his son, Gavin, out fort some river fishing today.
We caught whopping white bass! They were thick in the river and we caught them up the river from 19 and down the river from there.
I think they are up and down the river, lol!
When I say whopping I mean 16" to 17" for the big ones, and plenty of them.
We had a chilly start with a crisp wind making the ride down the river to the first stop pretty cold.
The fish were slow to bite at first but as soon as the sun hit the water good it was on like Donkey Kong!
12' diving lipped crank baits trolled about 3.3 mph was the ticket.
By noon we had 38 mostly huge ones and stopped there, we were a little frosty and Gavin needed some lunch to fuel him back up.
So we stopped short of limit, but they had a big pile of fillets with the jumbo size white bass.

See you on the water.

SS

Attachments

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Do ya'll think I could catch 'em from the bank at the Hwy 19 boat ramp...or possibly behind Archies Restaurant on Hwy 19 at the bend in the river?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I did see some people fishing the bend in the river and catching some. That is the bend that goes up to 19. I have caught some good fish there in my boat also.

·
Follow the Fisher of men
929 Posts
Hmm, thinking about taking my ski out there for a test drive, and catch a limit while I'm at it. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good Job!

Wow! Nice catch Loy. Have you ever thought about opening your own guide service? LOL. Good job on another successful outing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts