2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dbullard, Nick I set out to catch big blues today, we knew we had a short window to fish as the afternoon is supposed to bring some rough weather.
We started about 10:00 and made a drift over the hump, caught 1 about 3.5 lbs and then moved behind the island as we were drifting at .7mph. Too fast.
We drifted there for a bit with out any action and noticed the wind was picking up bad.
So we head in and when we rounded the island there were 4' rollers and heavy winds. Nothing else to do but nose the mighty Red-Fin into the waves and go slow, real slow. We had to go well past the state park before we could cut back and get to the ramp, still got wet.
Livingston is a dangerous lake in South or North winds and I have a lot of respect for it. I was thankful for inch of the Deep V boat today as she brought us in just fine. I did see a boat take cover behind the island as we rounded the East point of it. I hope they get in alright, it seems like it is going to blow hard for a long time.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Wow, glad you got in safe. Swimming in this weather could be detrimental to your health. Maybe next time will be better. Normally Nick is your good luck piece but even the weather trumps good luck.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
You should have Joined Matt and I at Kickapoo this morning. We had the place to ourselves and caught 25. It was very calm till after 10am. See the post on Freshwater Forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts