2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with a friend this morning to put out some crappie structures, man was it cold! Especially on the way back!!

The waves were sometimes looking every bit of 4' and Bonefish was Ready Freddy at the rudder, he did a great job of piloting us on a white knuckle ride after we put out the crappie condos and had to cross the open lake. Which on the ride over was only a little rough.
I would have been worried in anything less the 26' pontoon boat and a good captain at the wheel.
We put out 4 really cool structures that Bonefish made, he did a great job of constructing them and they went down like a stone and then showed up on the sonar looking like for real hot spots, I bet the fish are lining up to get reservations! I hope they hold through the next round of flooding.

The water looked worse than ever at mid-lake, absolute chocolate milk, and if there were not already a bumper crop of boat hammers floating around there is a new crop now.
On the bright side, the creeks should have more than enough water for a good spawning run, let's hope they will clear up some before the run.
SS

Attachments

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Those are nice looking brush piles. Can I assume the cane is imbedded in concrete. That's some big "switch" cane.
Jim and I put out a bunch of wooden pallets weighted with a two hole cinder block early this spring. We loosely wired the block on one edge so the pallet will float on edge. Dropping 6 or 8 in one location will make a nice structure. If you use heavy wire and oak pallets they will last for years. The ones we put around Beacon Bay held some crappie all year.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I am dreaming of a white christmas

better you than me.......had a bad day the other day when trying to wire up trailer lights ....so thought I might as well go fishing......nothing....I had thought today the crappie might bite...but probably this front knocked that off.
I should get my video's of this morning and post them to youtube....I was in Saginaw.....they had a really nice SNOW strom from 7 to 8:30 this morning...so I got my white christmas.
p.s. I thought I was the only one that enjoyed monsoon boating....always my note of comfort....."don't worry the bilge pump is pumping more out than we are taking in"! and hope they believe that.....

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bigdawg123, go to fishingacrosstx and ask bonefish, he may have some pics.
Sunbeam, the internet stuff I read about the condos seem to favor those pallet piles as far as attracting fish goes.
Bonefish ask me a while back if I would go out with him and distribute them, he did a good job of constructing them. When we hit the wind on the open lake going over they wanted to take sail and were hard to handle. They made it to the new home in good shape and looked killer on the sonar when we went bck over them.
I have too wonder about the space modules Raysor made??? Did you go check them for fish yet?

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
What happened to the PVC jungle gyms that Raysor built this year. Any word on how they are working?
SB, don't laugh but fishing season is closed for three months during hunting season I put the structures out in about 17ft of water in two locations, found them with the depth finder but have not been to check yet, no hunting at the ranch and a little warm weather and I will be out.

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't worry SB, I going take Raysor crappie fishing, and make him keep the fish!
RF, your turn is coming! I'm going to check things out tomorrow, see if the fish we were getting are still hanging around.
It could be real cold here very soon!

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
Don't worry SB, I going take Raysor crappie fishing, and make him keep the fish!
RF, your turn is coming! I'm going to check things out tomorrow, see if the fish we were getting are still hanging around.
It could be real cold here very soon!
Don't tell any one but I am going to get SS a new electric FISH CLEANING KNIFE, for christmas, his other one is about wore out. LOL

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
I understand Raysor. A guy has to keep his priorities straight. The crappie will be there in March when the deer are bullet proof.
But SS is right. November was the best crappie fishing in Livingston history. And I have been here since it was a river.
Filipino Baby says she has enough crappie in the freezer to feed 105 Chinamen sweet sour fish so I am switching to big cats. A 40+ on RR is my version of a wide 16 point 180 B&C buck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts