2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh wee Louise, the crappie are going crazy!
We took out Thomas and Kevin today with the understanding that if we got our crappie quick enough we would go drift for blues.
We meet them at Sandy Creek Marina at 7:00 and launched at Triple Creek. By 8:45 we had 50 very nice crappie. They were the best average size we have caught this year, many of them were 13". A couple bigger than that.

On the way to the crappie hole we could see them swirling on the top chasing shad and I knew we were in for good fishing, pre-front, water in good shape, it was an awesome crappie bite.
Usually the crappie will slow every once in a while for about 15 to 30 minuets then bite in another cycle, not today as soon as you swung a minnow out they were on it.

We pack it up and went to the main lake where the catfishing was no where as good as yesterday, but Thomas landed a 30" blue and Kevin got one about 6lbs.

We called it quits after that and came on in.
The crappie have been on an unreal bite, the best I have seen on Livingston. So if you are shopping for that fisherman on your holiday list, book them a trip with us and they can have a merry Christmas catching crappie and catfish.
SS

Attachments

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, the main lake is clearing up very nice, the water looks better than it has in a month. The debris have gone somewhere? for the most part and boating is no longer near as hazardous as it was a while back.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes he was.
I looked on the length to weight chart and the cat today at 30" was about 11 lbs, however it seemed much heavier to me. Maybe Missouri cats are skinny and light weight.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We were fishing lake Livingston slabseeker. Good luck to all tomorrow, be polite to your fellow angler because it will most likely be crowded, and catch a lot of fish.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,896 Posts
That lake water in the background doesn't look too bad...may be time for another run to look for whites/stripers.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats lurepopper, bring him the right way, plenty of fishing and get him a 2cool name. maybe "little popper".
I hope you guys went today it was awesome crappie fishing, look for a report from Gator gar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts