2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crappie did us right another day. We started fishing for them about 8:45 this morning and quit just before 12:00 fishing with Doug and Belinda.
They were hard core fishers and stayed in on the fishing right up until the bell!
The crappie would go on sprees and bite very well for a while and then just wanted to push bait around at other times.
They kept a good enough bite for us get 41 keepers for the cooler, and it was great fun fishing with Doug and Belinda.
Both had their time, and caught about equal amounts, at different times.
A few nice big ones, most about 12 to 13", the action always had you concentrating because at any time one would bite hard.
They seemed to be on a spree just as we ran out of minnows so we had to leave them biting.
SS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
found you loy...you ve been hiding and hiding from me......shocked when the ole red fin was in front of me the other day. Told you I would have to pull the ole surprise attact to catch up with you. I knew I was on the fish when I seen you....ha ha....you might have to get you a decoy boat......lets hook up sometime....really can't believe its been over 2 year and we never ran into each other before that.....
leave some for me....:)

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are over due to go fishing together cowboy, bet it happens soon. Are you fishing those crappie with jigs or minnows?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I used both....but the best action was with the minnows. As you posted in your report that you had ran out of minnows....I ran out everyday I went. I started with 1 dozen...then 2 dozen and finally 3 dozen and still ran out. Sometimes I got to use a single minnow 3 times because the crappie won't get the bait. And still I ran out. art. lures are ok but nothing compared to the good ole minnow. Harry at penwaugh even said he has heard of the crappie hitting shad. I didn't get to try that...but I did try to cast net some shad but didn't get any or I would have seen if I could have gotten them to hit shad.
On the art. lures, I tried just all kinds of color schemes. The red head with white body seemed to get the most bites. Black body with cht. tail didn't get any bites at all. But you could fish with the art. lures and not get a bite...then drop a minnow in the same spot....it wouldn't be no time and you'd see that line take off. So my advice....bring as many minnows as you can stand....it seems they start to bite best just as you run out of minnows.

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
Thanks BC, for the great info, I was with SS when y'all saw each other, could not hear with the boat engines much but was nice putting a face with a name, This spring I want to learn Walkers lake a little better and look forward to seeing you around there, Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks Cowaboy and SS for the info. Like I said in a previous post, the paw-in-law and I will be going to WRC on Friday. I seen in another post that the WB aren't in there yet good so I guess we'll have to get some minnows and try for them crappie, if you've left me any. I'll post something on saturday and let you know how we did. HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts