2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a bunch of friends crappie fishing today, it made 5 of us total in the boat. Raysor, Reid, Zachary, Vaughn, and me. The crappie bite was still very good and we caught about 43 of them between 8:30 and 10:30 with minnows.
I think the Crazy Cajun, Vaughn, was the man with the most, he appeared to be in the honey hole.
Fishing just off of Kickapoo Creek in a deep bend the fish were on some kind of bite the whole time.
At times they would get very subtle and barley move the line. Then they would get after it and pull down hard at other times.
The water still looks very good up the creek compared to the main lake, although it is a stained tan from all of the rain run off through the leaves.
SS

Attachments

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
Thanks SS for the great trip, Reid and I enjoyed very much, and also meeting your friends, the crappie fishing is great and I really recommend if you want to book a trip with Great Guise give SS a call he will do you right, Thanks again.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Great report. I did not see you. Could you see new lumber from where you were fishing?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
That's a sweet bite you're on there. Maybe after Thanksgiving I can talk Carol into coming up there some weekend so we can get together.

Until then, I'm still hauling in these nasty old bull redfish. LOL!

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see new lumber, so I'm not sure what you mean. I see a lot of folks catching crappie just about everywhere along Kickapoo.
It's the best lake bite that I have been on for crappie. Jim you guys come on and we can go. It's a lot fun fishing for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts