2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took FISHNNUT and his boys out today for a little catfish drifting, kind of slow, the high pressure after the front had them sitting tight. We did get 5 nice blues and channels from about 3 to 7 lbs. The catfish are very pale in color due to the muddy water not letting sunlight through.
The lake still looks trashy, muddy color, long strings of debris and hyacinths all along the South end, plenty of boat killers too.
Going up Kickapoo tomorrow with Lee to check out the crappie fishing, hope it looks better up the creek.
BTW, I went out to Gator gar and he processed my deer, I tried to help, but it is best to just get out of his way. Fussy phone pic is because he moves so fast for a big ole boy. He makes killer good pan sausage!
SS

Attachments

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Did you go by Beacon Bay? Got a call about 4 PM from a friend that was at the marina. He said the last wind change filled the place with trash, logs and hyacinth. He was going to crappie fish and run our perch traps. Said the traps were full but only caught 4 blue about 2 lbs each on minnows.

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
Thanks for the report SS, I bet the lake is really churned up I am going to take a break from the ranch this weekend and be at Livingston, Hope you do well with the crappie.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the report. I think GG is getting back on his feet',got his boat running.He will feel alot better when he gets back on the lake.Yea!!!!!
Thanks,
R.E.B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts