2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was nothing short of awesome fishing today, got the mighty Red-Fin control box fixed, (stripped set screw, had to tweak it at the ramp a little but I found the correct place to tighten it down) and hit the river.
2coolers all over the place! Saw Mattsfishn, Gator gar, Slimyhand, a few of folks I don't know who said they read my blog and came to get in on the terrific fishing happening.
There must have been a ton of fish caught today back there, Mattsfishn and his partner had their 50 white bass in 2 shakes of a lambs tail and went looking for crappie, and found them. Matt, I have an extra landing net,....
Lee and I got us about 35 white bass and then went looking for the crappie as well. In the process I bet we caught and released 50 to 70 more white bass. Landed 5 nice crappie, lost a big one at the boat, and 5 nice blues. There were plenty of crappie there, it's just hard to get a bait past the millions of white bass!
3:00 came and we were ready for a hamburger.
We will take some pics when we go clean them.
Good luck fishing, it's hard to miss now!
SS

·
Registered
226 Posts
where do you get a good burger up. I know when we are done fishing we are all starving. send us in the right direction. need a good burger. don't want another bag of chips or spam.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Well, I eased over to where ya'll were pointing at and started slow trolling the crankbait and picked up about 6 hogs before I realized I left my life jackets in the truck and had to break anchor and go get them. Things were a little slower than yesterday on the crank bait, so I rigged up a tandem rig with some curly tail jigs and struck gold. I caught some 2 at a time and what a blast that was.

I caught my limit of 25 white bass and managed two slab crappies on the tandem rig too. Yep, believe it or not, those crappie bit on the slow retrieve back to the boat.

Just an amazing day and a beautiful day to be out there on the water. I only have one pic, but it should tell a pretty good story, in itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My fish are filleted and my boots are off for the night. Time for a hot shower and a hot meal. I cleaned 28 from yesterday and 25 from today, plus two Crappie. That's a bunch of fillets.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I lucked out, Lee wanted the 10 I kept from yesterday and all of the ones from today, just dropped them off. Now it's time for some grub and medicine!
Going tomorrow for more, just can't let fishing like this get by.

·
SLIME ON THE LINE
2,339 Posts
I lucked out, Lee wanted the 10 I kept from yesterday and all of the ones from today, just dropped them off. Now it's time for some grub and medicine!
You fish HO !!!lol Maybe I should call in sick !!!

That is a bunch of fish caught today wtg guys. By the weekend there will be 50 boats on the river if they can stand the cool weather.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The least you could have done, was post a few pics. There are alot of people counting on the photos. I guess that 110 Buck knife wore you out pretty bad the other day and left a bad taste in your mouth.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It was nice down there today and not too cold. I just finished cleaning 50 whites and 10 slab crappie. My fishin partner forgot his ice chest and I ended up with all the fish. I will check his truck the next time and if he doesn't bring an ice chest we will not keep that many. Had a lot of fun today and met a couple of 2coolers today.

Matt

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yep, it was definitely a good day on the water. WELL WORTH CALLING IN SICK FOR!!! Meeting you guys up there was pretty cool too.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Man, that's a re-run of a pic. That's the spot where you jumped of the bow of my boat, as I was in reverse and you not knowing it. Yep, made you do the splits and lost your shoe in the muddy water. That is what we need a picture of. You with those wet wool socks on, looking at your shoe stuck in the mud. You're the only person I know, that goes to the river in bedroom slippers. Go ahead and tell everyone how I retrieved you muddy shoe for you. How is your hamstring, by the way????

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, that's a re-run of a pic. That's the spot where you jumped of the bow of my boat, as I was in reverse and you not knowing it. Yep, made you do the splits and lost your shoe in the muddy water. That is what we need a picture of. You with those wet wool socks on, looking at your shoe stuck in the mud. You're the only person I know, that goes to the river in bedroom slippers. Go ahead and tell everyone how I retrieved you muddy shoe for you. How is your hamstring, by the way????
I'm tough old coot, even though you tried to harm me, just kidding, yesterday was a lot of fun Gator gar.
So was today, they did seem to bite jigs better after the morning bite, we could not keep them off the crappie jigs after we moved up to the cable. We started at the same place you fished today and they were hitting the little crank bait just like the day before early this morning.
I got on some good blues casting back down the river, but 2 guys pulled right up on my lines. I asked them if they could see my lines, they said "yeah" but kept coming. I told them I was catfishing that direction and they seemed confused, and asked me if i wanted to move back by them to catch white bass??? I threw the next 2 white bass I caught towards their boat so they would get the hint...but I don't think they were the sharpest hooks in the box.

·
SLIME ON THE LINE
2,339 Posts
I'm tough old coot, even though you tried to harm me, just kidding, yesterday was a lot of fun Gator gar.
So was today, they did seem to bite jigs better after the morning bite, we could not keep them off the crappie jigs after we moved up to the cable. We started at the same place you fished today and they were hitting the little crank bait just like the day before early this morning.
I got on some good blues casting back down the river, but 2 guys pulled right up on my lines. I asked them if they could see my lines, they said "yeah" but kept coming. I told them I was catfishing that direction and they seemed confused, and asked me if i wanted to move back by them to catch white bass??? I threw the next 2 white bass I caught towards their boat so they would get the hint...but I don't think they were the sharpest hooks in the box.
one once egg sinker between the eyes would have got your point across !! I hate rudeness in a man won't tolerate it. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts