2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took out Buster, Rocky, and Logan out today for some white perch fishing. We opted to wait a little before we went because of the extra cold weather I didn't want the young one to be uncomfortable, little did I know that he is a cold weather pro, being from S. Dakota.
We should have left early because the best spots I have been fishing had 3 boat to a slot. We caught 21 nice crappie and Logan out fished us all, good job!

I saw a lot of 2coolers today and got to meet some for the first time, always a pleasure.
A lot of them were catching the crappie like pros too, gcourville might have to register his hands as deadly weapons he and his buddy were killing them so bad!
It's great to see everyone catching fish and having a good time.
Be safe have fun and catch fish.
SS
P.S. here is proof Ray

Attachments

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
I crossed kickapoo at 2PM today. The parking lot at Kickapoo marina was full of trailers, there were six or eight trucks and boats waiting for gas at Sandy creek.
1st mate counted nine boats running the creek channel north of the bridge.
That was in just the 30 seconds it took to cross the bridge.
Where have those little speckled fish been for the last twenty years? And how long can they last under this kind of pressure.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Thats a good lookin bunch of fish and glad to see the kids catch fish. I stayed over here and played with the whites on Conroe.

Matt

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The crappie were really nice ones, mostly 12 to 13.5". The party was on out there with most boats getting fish, some were really tearing them up.
Being retired is great, fishing all most every day is a joy; however the best thing about it is guiding with my son, it just does not get better than that.
Tight lines all.
SS

·
Registered
138 Posts
Folks,
I am considering making a trip to K-creek tomorrow. Can anyone volunteer some info. on were to go to get a few crappie? I am not asking for anyones honey holes or reefs just I don't fish there except for once in a great while(2-3yrs), I am just hungry to feel the fight of a crappie again. I live close to Baytown/Beaumont area and you fellars with all these benched crappie are making me really hate them fish and want to get in on some whup up on them! Also, I have been to a marina and launched seems like on the west side of livingston or Onalaska, can someone guide me alittle on how to get back there? Sorry for the poor recall on this marina but I don't get up there to often. Thanks, also I would be glad to help out anyone coming south to fish as well.

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That Buck 110 folding hunter will do the job, but I bet that is the last time I don't bring a fillet knife!

·
12,595 Posts
Folks,
I am considering making a trip to K-creek tomorrow. Can anyone volunteer some info. on were to go to get a few crappie? I am not asking for anyones honey holes or reefs just I don't fish there except for once in a great while(2-3yrs), I am just hungry to feel the fight of a crappie again. I live close to Baytown/Beaumont area and you fellars with all these benched crappie are making me really hate them fish and want to get in on some whup up on them! Also, I have been to a marina and launched seems like on the west side of livingston or Onalaska, can someone guide me alittle on how to get back there? Sorry for the poor recall on this marina but I don't get up there to often. Thanks, also I would be glad to help out anyone coming south to fish as well.
Coming west from Livingston on 190 toward Onalaska. Cross Sandy creek and stop at Exxon store on the left. Buy Minnows. About 3 dozen per fisherman. Continue west to top of the hill. Turn right on Fm 3251. Go to first paved road to the left at Triple Creek Marina/Broken Arrow Marina signs. Turn left. Follow the road to Triple Creek gate and turn in to the left. Go to the buildings/houses on the right.
Ask to use the ramp or just follow the road (bumpy) to the right down to the ramp on the creek. Pay the $3 in the box. Launch the boat. Turn right up the creek about 10 feet and start fishing. 6 to 8 feet deep under a slip cork. During the day some fish move out to the center of the channel at 8 to 10 feet.
There are about 10 miles of creek banks including the Rocky Creek fork. Crappie along each foot of them.
If you don't catch any crappie DO NOT TELL ANYONE. You will be the laughing stock of Polk county.

·
12,595 Posts
That Buck 110 folding hunter will do the job, but I bet that is the last time I don't bring a fillet knife!
I thought SOME ONE who shall remain nameless said they were giving you a fillet knife for Christmas?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Good seeing you on the water Shadslinger. Saw an interesting formation on the depthfinder about 100 yds up the creek from where we saw you--looked almost like a boulder field of individual rocks. Suspended fish above them --caught one drifting thru there.

Just wonder if you have ever seen it. Could have been brush but didnt look like it. I'm still trying to understand my new depthfinder.

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
Is that really you, is your record broke, I think I am dreaming and tomorrow everything will be much clearer, got to go now and find my new CD the SS SHUFFLE!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sunbeam, thanks for the info.. Not sure I will make it tomorrow just yet but if I do I will follow your instructions. If anyone else going I willl be in a 16' flat btm. 40yamaha, gray with a stick steer . You most likely will not see any other boat with this type stick steer, it's the only one I have seen around the coast made this way. Stop by if ya see me and lets chat. May or may not have company with me. Depends on how they act tonight, hehe!

·
Registered
138 Posts
OK, it's on! I will be heading north to help fight the crappie invasion! hehe! I was treated to some great home fried chicken, gravy and rice with some greens so I will have some company coming along. Amazing what having a boat can do for your appetite! hehe! Like I said if anyone else may be in the area and see us, stop by and we can rattle our teeth at each other while we fish, or drink coffee or tell our best lies! hehe! look'n forward to see'n Kickapoo again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts