2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the discussion about the stop sign violation, it reminded me of this experience. I discovered a mistake in my Social Security account, and went to SS to correct. The mistake was in the spelling of my middle name. A simple typo when the data was transfered from hardcopy to computer. Well, I found out it would cost me $26 to correct and get a certified copy of my birth certificate to show SS in order to correct the mistake. Well, I sent the forms and a check,and then wrote the Governors office complaining I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistake. I have a copy of my birth certificate issued in 1954 that was correct, so the mistake took place later. I receivd a phone call from Vital Stats, and she said the mistake could be fixed at no cost. I asked about the check I sent, and she said she didn't know I sent one, that she had received a call from the Governors office to correct the mistake and not charge me. I now have a certified copy and a refund on the way. So don't sit back and just pay, squeak loudly and sign letters that you are a registered voter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts