2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use both SpyBot & Ad-Aware almost daily. Somedays they find several items somedays none. I always check for updates on both and therein lies my question.
Ad-aware has an update available almost everytime I use it, SB did also for the first few weeks I had it but it has probably been 2 or 3 months since the last one. Shouldn't it be updated more often then that? Does anyone else use SB? Have you been getting more frequent updates?

Also on a different note, does anyone know where I can D/L the old Microsoft golf game? Used to have it on a floppy but can't locate it & my Dell doesn't have a floppy drive.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Spybot does not release

very many updates, when they do it is usually a large update or a major change. I can look around for the golf game, it's just called "microsoft golf"? It is a shame most new computers do not have a floppy, I still fing them usefull. Vendors want to let it (floppies) go the way of the old and get everyone to use thumbdrives or similar devices. I put floppies on every computer I build because if you use windows, it just makes since.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks Bill.

I believe it's just called microsoft golf. On my first 2 PC's with Win95 OS it was in the games folder with solitare & such. It wasn't something I D/L'd or installed.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Charter Member
225 Posts
You need to get the latest version, 1.3

If you don't have the latest version, it won't find any newer updates. I just looked on one pc, it has Spybot version 1.2. It shows it has update from March 4, 2004. Fat lot of good that does, huh?

According to the Spybot website, the latest detection updates are from 8/10/04. I just checked on a pc with ver 1.3 and it showed the latest upadte is 8/20/04. So, uninstall the old version, dl and install the new one, then run the update, and it should be as up to date as it can be. Be sure to exit the program and then restart it after you dl the updates so it shows the date correctly.

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TC.

I'm going to upgrade SB & AdA now.

Later,

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts