2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Charter Member
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an alternative to Line-X for spray in bedliners in the Hosuton area? I'm not interested in the DIY stuff.

I have had Line-X in two of our trucks through the years and it has worked well. Eleven yers and still going for my '98 Chev.
I was just curious if there are any alternatives available.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
TOFF Spray-in Liners 713-783-5884,

I have had them in my last two trucks with great luck ! They have options like high pressure, low pressure assorted color options etc.. Excellent warranty and they stand behind it. I work at a body shop and we use them often on customer vehicles with zero complaints.

Hope this helps !

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!

·
You mean... beyond pacifism?
1,122 Posts
I had LineX in my old F150 for 8 years, and loved it. One time I put a rental steam cleaner in the back and the sharp metal thing in the front of it, gashed the bedliner a little. I took it to the place (off 249) and they squirted a little tube of it and rubbed it in, and was like new (at no charge, several years after I had it installed). I have an Xterra now, but if I got another truck, I would definitely go with Line X again. All the alternatives I have seen did not look as good IMO.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,265 Posts
I have toff in my truck and the stuff is like steel!! I love it; however, it does not keep stuff from sliding around but really none of them do.

·
Team OMAB Prostaff
2,414 Posts
Line-X alternatative, go to Brian's Tint & Alarm off old highway 90. His product is the exact same as Line-X but doesn't have the price tag associated with the name. He does all my trucks and gets all my recomendations.

·
Charter Member
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the responses. You asked why I wanted to change? Well, after 11 years, I thought I would see if there are any alternatives that I didn't know about. I don't have any complaints about the Line-X on my truck. In fact, I sold it today to a neighbor. Things do tend to slide around a little, but the bed doesn't get banged up with the liner sprayed in.

Appreciate the help.
Mike

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
If you dont want stuff sliding around, get a low pressure sprayed liner.... Like the Rhino Liner for example...

Its got a stickier texture than the Line-x... I had the Rhino in my 98 Z71 and my 01 Tacoma... Only bad spot I had was on the tailgate rail and that was due to bad prepping in that area.... Never had any other problems...

One thing to remember about sliding stuff around in the bed though.... Dont forget that sometimes stuff NEEDS to slide out.... I couldnt slide anything across my Rhino... I had to climb up in the truck and lift it up and carry it out... I couldnt just grab something and slide it to the back...

Everything has its good and bad points.... just up to personal preference...

PS.... LINE-X is tough on the hands and feet and hard on your butt cheeeks... so if you do alot of tailgate sitting, you might want to again consider a Low Pressure Sprayed liner

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
PS.... LINE-X is tough on the hands and feet and hard on your butt cheeeks... so if you do alot of tailgate sitting, you might want to again consider a Low Pressure Sprayed liner
I had the Toff and liked it, it was softer than others and kept stuff from sliding pretty well. And like he mentioned you could climb into the bed on your knees without them being torn to hell. I did that in a friends truck with Line-x or Rhino, don't remember which one, and it tore my knees up! There were little sharp raised areas all over the bed instead of being smooth. Kind of like the popcorn texture on a wall. I hated it. I'll probably just go back with the Toff.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I had the Toff and liked it, it was softer than others and kept stuff from sliding pretty well. And like he mentioned you could climb into the bed on your knees without them being torn to hell. I did that in a friends truck with Line-x or Rhino, don't remember which one, and it tore my knees up! There were little sharp raised areas all over the bed instead of being smooth. Kind of like the popcorn texture on a wall. I hated it. I'll probably just go back with the Toff.
It was prolly Line X or a similar High Pressure spray that tore you up.... I had it in my Powerstroke and it was killer when you crawled into the bed... like crawling on really coarse sandpaper....

The Rhino is very comparable to the Toff.....

·
Team OMAB Prostaff
2,414 Posts
The downside of the LP apps is they are much softer, therefore they tear easier, and that large tear drop texture holds well when it is dry, but is slicker than owl shizzle when it gets wet.

Any good applicator worth his salt can give you whatever texture you need, as course or as smooth as you think you would want.

MT, on that boat app, who knows. A boat is an all day prep whereas trucks are in and out in 2 hours or less, so a busy shop like Brians would have to figure how many trucks he's holding out of the booth for one boat job instead of bangin out 8 trucks in a day. You'll always be able to find someone starvin for work, but is their work any good? Boats, Jeeps, and commercial or custom jobs are a TOTALLY different skillset than your basic truck bed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts