2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I was fishing for four days in Port O'Conner and I had several open wounds I used Curad Spray Bandage. Several coats after each dries and those spots were sealed for the entire time, even one on my little toe that didn't come off/open in my wading boots! It comes off with alcohol and all cuts are fine, with no infection. If you're concerned with Vibrio and have cuts or scrapes I highly recomend this stuff.
I'll keep some in my boat from now on.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
wait a second

I was reading your post and thought great idea, I then went on to read the post about VIBRIO INFO, SHould you worry,,,,,

this is one of the paragraphs

"Within 48 hours after coming in contact with the bacteria, Charles Newton of Rockport was rushed to a Corpus Christi hospital. A scrape on his arm apparently became infected July 6 near Rockport Harbor, even though he had covered it with a supposedly water-tight bandage. "

We still need to be careful out there.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Thanks Kenny for reporting that!

I'm sure none of you youngsters here have the same problem I do at 75 yrs. I had 6 weeks of chemo after surgery after the big C had returned. That was in 2002.

Since that time my skin has become terribly thin. I have to be very careful when my Yorkey Arthur and I play on my bed. Sometimes in his enthusiasm his nails scrape my arms or hands. When this happens my skin reacts like tissue paper and tears open. Then when I apply any kind of bandage, when it's time to take it off, the adhesive tears my skin, then I have another problem.

This happens when they do blood work at the doctor's office and put a bandage over the wound, it's the same problem.

I had not tried the Curad Spray Bandage, although I've seen it advertised. This sure looks like this is a good way to get around the problem.

And, I thank you very much for posting that!

Joyce

PS Arthur welcoming me back from the doctor's on my last day of chemo. He leads me through every day with laughs and kisses.

·
MOD V Slave
447 Posts
I'm using the Liquid Bandage product from Band-Aid. It's basically the same stuff, although you brush it on instead of spray it on. It seems to hold up just as well. I haven't tried it out in the water yet, but it does hold up well to repeated exposure of sweat. I dang near chopped my finger off (the cut went down to the bone) trying to cut a plastic tie wrap off. I shoulda gotten stitches since this is gonna leave a NASTY scar. Based on my experience if the cut/wound is really deep or too long...you'll need several coats to cover it. That said...the product has worked as advertised thus far. BTW...in a pinch you can use clear PVC cement to seal the wound from the H2O...that stuff ain't commin' off no matter how much water exposure you give it. :)

·
will fish for work
287 Posts
aunt joyce,

Dogs are wonderful pets you know, they always love you no matter what, they never gripe and complain, even when you scold them they still love you,
thanks be to God for little doggies. lol
i was encouraged by your endurance, at 75 you have seen almost 2 of my life times, wanted to say cheerio, and a good day to ya...
God bless

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Bubba T.

It's compliments like yours and good information like kenny's that makes "endurance" a cake walk.

Thank you!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're more than welcome Aunt Joyce.
I also have very thin skin on the back of my hands from sun damage for over 50 years.It constantly gets injured. Wish I'd have worn sun gloves(a hint for younger fishermen)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts