2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this email from Boat US (I am a Towboat US member). I decided on the PLB 210 instead of SPOT, but this is interesting.

Connect Your SPOT Messenger With BoatUS Towing Services Dispatch
You already know BoatUS towing services can be dispatched through VHF Channel 16, or by calling 1-800-391-4869 24 hours a day/7 days a week, but now you can add SPOT GPS Satellite Messenger to the list!
SPOT LLC and BoatUS have joined forces to introduce SPOT Assist Maritime empowering BoatUS Members with another option for requesting a tow.
For only $10 a year, SPOT Assist Maritime can be added to your existing SPOT plan. If you find yourself out on the water needing a tow, press the "help" button on the SPOT unit, and an automatic communication containing your vessel's make, length, color, home marina, owner details, family contacts, and latitude and longitude location information is sent via satellite to the BoatUS 24-hour nationwide dispatch centers, alerting us to the request for on-the-water towing. This service can also be used on land to dispatch BoatUS TRAILER ASSIST TM coverage.
Please click here for complete information about SPOT and BoatUS towing services dispatch.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
This is good info, thanks. I have BoatUS also, but didnt get this email.

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,273 Posts
Yep, thanks, I didnt know this service was available. Its just another tool in safety thats available to us to add to our other safety features... They all cost money, but, no matter the cost, a person will feel its REAL CHEAP COST if its ever needed...

I also have boatUS. My B.U.S. towing membership is one bill I dont mind paying for :)

Its no fun being 40-50 miles out and having engine problems... Been there-done that more than once... thank goodness I didnt have to call for a tow and was able to hobble in somehow my self....

Hog

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
Where is BillFisher?
well, he-fer-damned-sure ain't standing in no line waiting to buy no damned 'spot'

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...........

but hmmmm...... interesting

ain't got no email from boatUS yet.... and wouldn't even consider it until i talk to the boy one finger over from me that has the towboat

but hey, ***...... i'm always up for a new fun toy*

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...........

*[of course that'd be in 'addition' to my EPIRB and not 'in lieu of']

1 - 6 of 6 Posts