2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this close race act of "sportsmanship" by Renaud Savoya from Mugen. Way to represent I say.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
heck yeah.....if you straight up tag somebody, it's no different than jumping pipe.....you're supposed to give them their position back.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
This is the type of thing that the race directors should be policing. I have not seen this since I ran electric 10 years ago in Houston. Since nitro, we have no more on track etiquette.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
This is the type of thing that the race directors should be policing. I have not seen this since I ran electric 10 years ago in Houston. Since nitro, we have no more on track etiquette.
So you are saying that nobody gives this kind of courtesy anymore?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've been thinking the same...Lot's of drivers do it some more than others.. Any idea's on recourse?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yeah, I never seen local acts like that since I've been racing. We'll maybe I wouldn't say that I never have but very infrequent. Cleaner racing prevails.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am all for good track manners, but it is hard in the sportsman class. If you stopped everytime you hacked somebody and let them recover nobody would ever make a lap.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
sportsman class is tough because a lot of racers at that stage don't know that they are even supposed to be doing things like that (i.e. letting someone pass you that you just hacked)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I am all for good track manners, but it is hard in the sportsman class. If you stopped everytime you hacked somebody and let them recover nobody would ever make a lap.
Thats not true if you let off when you catch up to someone and wait for a clean pass your laps times will be faster and it will make you a better driver. And it may save the pipe at your track..lol

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just think it would be hard to police. heck I take an "out in out" approach on some 180turns and it makes me open to someone T-Boning me who wants to take a tight inside approach. Does that person get penalized? Different strategies on turns will put is in crashes just by that virtue unless someone yields their line and if neither do not how are we to determine which line had the righteous "right of way"?

Even the video I posted it could be argued (and sorta is by the screen text) that the other guy got in the way of Savoya's slow in fast out line approach and while neither were "wrong" by taking different strategies. We assume the guy standing after a crash was the "Guy at fault" and the upside down guy was the "victim". This just isnt always the case.

Kind of like "true" charity is shown when no one asks you to give and you do on your own accord vs. being mandated to do so via your tax dollars to the government to do on your behalf. True sportsmanship stands out because it is not policed of you on every turn and yet you show real integrity when you do it of your own accord.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
When your making a pass it's your task to get around him clean..Don't ram him off the track i see this every week..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts