2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it down to Sportsmans Warehouse on 1604 yesterday. The strangest thing happened, I went in, and walked out an hour later with everything I needed crossed off my list (and a few other things I didn't need, including a Cartiff and a nice Fenwick rod to match, shame on me). I am dumbfounded and rather happy :).

·
Senior Mumbler
11,515 Posts
Just to back up Bevo, Sportsman's W. has been great supporters of CCA as well as Duck's Unlimited. Last DU event I attended, Sportsman's had donated several items while Academy and Cabela's were no shows.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
SW is in-store sales only - but their stores are awesome.

Gotta love a sporting goods store that doesn't sell baseballs. 100% pure outdoors cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Good store, I frequent the one in Round Rock almost weekly, mostly dreamin' but it keeps me sane for now. I always thought that Academy was a little cheaper but I noticed yesterday that some items were actually about the same or a little cheaper. Academy has the Abu 7000 C3 for $99 and Sportsman has the Abu 7000 BG for $88. Next time I buy it'll be from SW.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sportsman's

Will pretty much mirror what Bluefin & RockyRaider state. They also have a very impressive supply of waterfowling gear ( not that there is much duck hunting in Cen Tex ). Their prices on shotguns is very competitive - beats Cabelas by a mile but who doesn't. Their saltwater selection is improving day by day. Overall this store is going to give Academy a serious run for their ( our ) money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts