2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a comment about it a while back but refrained from telling the story until it ended.

During Roys customer appreciation day i got a new Avet 50W. It was delivered to me a couple weeks later due to back order. Well two weeks ago I took it in to sportsmans warehouse with me while on a mission to 1) invite the store manager to fish with me and 2) get my new reel spooled up.

First I headed back with 2 of my reels, one to strip off the old line and put new on and one to put new line on. the kid in the back starts spooling up the brand new reel. While spooling it up he asks "what do these things cost, I havent seen a blue reel before" so I informed him that they were $600 give or take a buck or so. Well not 10 seconds after that I hear a nice clank sound. When I look back there he has a little shiney piece of metal in his hand. HMMMM. He was looking around and wondering what it came from. I knew. I calmly walked around the back of the counter and made him aware that he has just snapped off my two speed shifter button. He immediately went pale. Im not tiney and he wasnt big so he got kind of scared cause I guess I looked mad. I wasnt real mad though cause there was nothing to do about it now. Just make it right.

He was real scared and started fumbling around looking for a managers # and some reel repair shops #s. I didnt want a new reel to be refurbed if it was new so I opted to ask him if Kirt(the store manager) was available, he got realy worried at this point. He was not there on this particular day though. He thought he was clear of a chewing tonight. While he calls around some more with no luck finding a local to repair an Avet, I made a call to Kurt at home/cell.

he immediately appoligized and offered to buy a new reel, no questions asked. So I walked out with my new/broke reel spooled up and went fishing for the weekend, didnt need the low gear fortunately.

today I went in and picked up my brand new reel with the same amount of line and the same brand of line that I had put on my broke reel. Kurt/sportsmans warehouse is the reel deal with customer service. He is now a happy new avet dealer too, thanks to me. :) He is also willing to spool up or offer deals if you do some research and show him what is available out there, ie charkbait - free spooling. He made my week better, thats for sure, this was the same week/day that I found out I had been taken for $600 on Ebay.

Thank you Kurt and thank you Sportsmans warehouse for your friendly service. I am just sorry that poor kid had to be the one to break the dang thing cause he actually did it to help out the dude that was really busy in the booth. Fortunately he didnt loose his job over it, cause i still dont think it was his fault.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
thats the only draw back to the Sportsman....the inshore saltwater stuff is a bit weak. they do have things you can't get other places, just wish they would expand it and I could get everything there then, quit driving back and forth across the highway lol

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you will notice that they have weeded it down some in the fly section and have bumped it up some in the regular salt section. They started out mor fly oriented because of their "roots". They are coming around though. This is the store at 281 and 1604.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts