2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out scouting some islands to camp on in the near future and as I was walking the shoreline a lady yells to me that I was on a bird sanctuary. I was over by Alligator Pt. but I thought spoil islands were ok to camp on? And how do I know if Im on a bird sanctuary? Thanks, Matt

·
fish control my brain
7,710 Posts
Most Brid Sanctuaries will be maekd with more than a few signs ...

Like Bird Island near SLP...

Alligator Pt, is actually private land, but that is on the Nroth side of the ICW....

Also they might have it marked for a sanctuary ... not sure.

I would reach out to the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge, and see what they think.

Explain you don't want to camp on thier land but would like to know if there is any additional land that is off limits

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The island that I got on wasnt marked. I attached a pic with the island circled so maybe someone can tell me if its legal or not to camp on. thanks again

Attachments

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
I don't see a problem with it.

·
fish control my brain
7,710 Posts
You can camp on it, but you are on private land .....it's the same people that own the land that borders Chocolate along it's east side. ....

there used to be a house over there, but it's long gone ...

During the spring I would not camp there, as it is really ran by the birds, but it would be cool during the winter ...

We have waded the ICW side of that island.....lots of drop-offs and good shell and mud

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say I can camp on it but do I run the risk of getting a ticket? If its private land then are you trespassing by being on it? Im just trying to avoid ******* anyone off or getting a ticket. I circled another island I was thinking about that is south of the ICW. So would that be a legal spoil island?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts