2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a BenchMark rodblank that has a splintered break....not a clean break at all !! This was a clients rod.
I have seen broken rodblanks that had a clean break...but not splintered !!
This is a seven foot..m/h rodblank..BenchMark...have used them for seven years....only two broken ones in that time frame...one was broken by a angry ex-husband..and the other a rodbox was slammed on it !!
I have my thoughts about this break...anybody have any ideas what would cause a splintered break ???

MaryLou..:texasflag

Attachments

·
Banned
960 Posts
over bent

good graphite rods can be bent so for or they fracture or explode. i find guys using spider wire or the such tend to have this happen to them. i tell all my customer if you are running spider wire that it is like wire no streachie. so if you are going to fish with that line on your graphite rods always make sure drag is working and keep loose a little just in case you jump a red fish doing 90 to nothing. bennie

www.qualitytacklerods.com

·
Registered
881 Posts
I used to build with Benchmark blanks alot and only had one break.Pretty tuff blanks that take abuse pretty well. The one that broke was a clean break. I built one for myself that I have fished with for a few years . I treat it like **** just to see how it would hold up,so far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts