2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My father, Kmart Sr., will be undergoing a spinal surgery today at 13:00. I do not know the name of the procedure, but his back will be opened up to expose his L3, 4 , and 5 vertebras in order to chip away spurs and open them up where they have been crushed to relieve the pressure on his nerves. It is thought that this is the result of a vehicle crash 6 years ago when he was rear-ended by a Hummer at a high rate of speed. He has also had to detox himself for the past 4-5 weeks from the narcotics he has had to take since that time in order to do this. That was a rough ride as I am sure this operation and six month rehab will be if all goes well.
He says he's buying a new boat when all this is over because he hasn't been able to use the pirogue he has now nor do much of anything at all except waste away. And with ya'lls help, I believe he will be just fine. Thanks so much for your time and prayers.

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,532 Posts
Prayers sent. Good luck.

Kelly

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
beer i have had that almost same procedure,its hell i know.i had my l4 5 6 disc removedfrom them leaking all the fluid out of the disc.its been 1yr since or more
that i had it done.im still taking meds for the pain in my back.it aint gonna be no picknic,i can assure you.i hope he has a good doc,im with him all the way on this!tls jay

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
In the Name of Jesus, we are BELIEVING that this will be a successful, uneventful, procedure. Lord, we ask you to undergurd this man, making this a simple surgery,guiding the doctors hands. Give him peace Lord and take away all his pain. YOU are the "Great Physician" and we ask YOU , humbly, to restore this man back to the vigor of his youth, so he can be back fishing, and praising YOU. We give YOU the glory,the honor, and the praise forever, in Jesus Name, AMEN

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
1,259 Posts
Prayert sent.
I have had a laminectomy to repair pinced nerves 10 year ago. I too had compresssion fractures of my L3, L4 and L5 in an auto accident.
I have had intense sciatica for the last 4 months again. This Wednesday I will have my 3rd streroid injection in as many weeks. It has helped me but I am not well. I have been wasting away too. The pain (that is in my right leg) is the worst imaginable. Sound familiar?
I pray your Pop gets relief and restoration. God please skill his Doctor with the needed touch.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Prayers sent for your Father....from someone who has a 4" + Titainum plate in his neck...And C-3, C-4, C-5 and C-6. (4 Level Fusions....)

Also praying very hard that he can whip the pain-killers...Been there...
Said one for you too....

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Prayers sent . I have same problem from a 1988 car crash. I have avoided surgery
due to complications. I was rear ended by kid on pcp. He was going 105mph running from Austin Police. They had him on radar at point of impact. He t boned us at a red light from the rear. Totaled a S class Benz with 3000 miles on it. Man I understand your Dads needing help correcting his back problems. I understand constant pain. I pray for a successful surgery. I pray your dad is afforded a new world void of pain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My mom has a similar sx 2 years ago and is doing much better she still has pains in her legs but, is able to get around much better. I was afriad she wasn't going to be ablel to be in the boat ever again but now when the lake isn't real rough she is there with us. My prayers are with your father and all of yall.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Heavenly Father,

Be with Kmart Sr as he undergoes back surgery today. Steady the hands of the surgeons and give them much wisdom to perform an excellent and successful surgery. Lay your loving and healing hand upon him, give him a speedy recovery and give him complete restoration of strength in his back. Restore the years that the "locusts" have eaten.

Let him once again enjoy the pleasures of boating, fishing and being in your awesome outdoors with friends and family. Let him rejoice and praise your name for your mercies.

In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm back at work today after two trying days at the hospital and want to start by thanking all of you, even the ones that just stopped by for a read and maybe a silent message.
The surgery was extra risky given his heart history and overall health, but it actually went OK procedurally. The docs found arthritis and removed what they could and diagnosed diabetes, so more nuicances to come later.
To shorten a short story, he has remarkable recovery powers, BACKED BY PRAYER, and has overcome heart rate and blood pressure problems, coupled with pneumonia and tubed respiration, and has been released from ICU and put into a regular room.
We all know that there is a long, hard road ahead, but with shared support like this, faith dictates that all will be well as well can be.

Thanks again for your support.

·
"Whatever one sows, he will also reap"
788 Posts
Git-R-Done

Good luck in a speedy recovery...
23 yrs later...L3,L4 compression fracture,harrington rod fusion, 27 degree (bad) posture and paralysis below the knees, lower leg braces, a cane and still won't give up wadin. Saltwater rusts, but copper and stainless rivits last longer...Thank god for the determination and drive to keep going, as well as insurance and Ibuprophen. One of thes days "a guys got to realize his limitations" or wear himself out. Yeah right...No more wheelchair sports! See ya at SSB.
~ A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. ~

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Thank you, Lord God, for hearing and answering prayers for a successful surgery. Continue to show your mercy by granting a complete and speedy recovery.

In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts