2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to South Padre Island in less than 2 weeks and already chomping at the bit. Has anyone heard any offshore fishing reports from down south that way? Hope Ivan stays away. 2 years ago we were down there and a hurricane blew into Northern Mexico and it was a mess in SPI.

CC Duck

·
23' Sea Ox/200 hpdi
3,118 Posts
The South Texas Big Game Club had one of our little tournies over the weekend and a dozen or two boats caught 17 blues and two whites over 2 days. We had one on Saturday, but it took a mile of line out, so the line was trailing straight astern but the blue was jumping way off the starboard. Just couldn't get the stretch out of the mono before it spit the hook. Had 2 more knockdowns in 2 days. Wish I could say that it's just another day in paradise but I'd be lying through my teeth. Fishing has been tough all summer and I wouldn't expect things to last 2 weeks, and who knows what Ivan might do to the mix. Interesting thing is that there weren't any rips or much bait around, but the marlin were there and aggressive. Good luck. Also have kings off the jetties and colorbreak and blackfins off the shrimpers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
17 blues and 2 whites in 2 days!!? Wow!! Gives you something to look forward to. Hope they stick around.

CC Duck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts