2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took a ride to the e. banks on the Murphy's Law on saturday...the guys further offshore said the current was ripping and the pickings were slim...so Capt. Steve hit about 6 spots in 120-135'. All in all it was tough picking up a decent limit, some folks had 1-2 barely keeper fish. Saw no ling or mahi, not even a king....surprising since the water was pale blue and had flying fish around. The last fish I stuck was right as we were pulling off to head in (motors running & anchor up) when she came up a toothy predator (shark) made a swipe at it, so I just cut out the bad spot and tossed it then put the rest in a ziplock. Noticed when cleaning fish that all of them had completely empty stomachs, I like to look and see what they have been eating. Also found that beeliner and cut bait did not yield one strike which is very unusual....seemed that the fish were just turned off.

Attachments

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
Z,

Glad you caught some fish. I was one of those guys out deep, although it was trolling. We burned 138 gallons of gas for a 2 lb mahi. Sunday was good, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.