2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning On Taking The 23 Ft Hydra Sports To Mansfield Next Weekend. Does Any Body Have Any Numbers Or General Directions To The Famous Snapper Rocks Or Any Other Structure? Also Any Tips About Fishing The Shrimpboats Would Br Great-i Will Probably Never Make It Down There Again-so I Will Not Rape Or Share Any Spots.also Where To Lodge For Cheap?
Thanx Steve -how About A Buddy Boat? The Date Is The 12.
830-515-3235

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
I'm taking my boat and Lordbater is taking his down next weekend (4th-6th). Leaving at 0500 on Friday. You're welcome to follow us down or meet up down there. We have numbers.
PM if you can make it.
Jerry

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
you need to fill a spot sponge? i may be jonesing for a trip when I am down to pick up the kids.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
We were down there last week. Wind blew us out all but one day on the offshore fishing. It was still 3-5 with the occasional "big-un" thrown in. We ran out to the Liberty Ship reef. The numbers are published in everything you can buy. Pickup up limit of snappers, 1 mangove and some kings, plus one hugh ray. Reef is only 15 miles out and easy to find. Acouple of other boats in the area were also catchingon bottom and trolling.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'll be down there the weekend of the 11th. Staying at The Fishermans Inn. I'm going out with another boat on Saturday morning headed for Colt. Your welcome to buddy boat with us if you want.

Derek

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx guys-we are not set up to troll=so bottom spots or numbers are what we need. where do you get bait?what about these nearshore rocks i keep hearing about?

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
the rocks are near shore but 15 miles north of the jetties. You can see land while catching sows. The liberty ships he talks about are East of the jetties.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
the best day would be sat. Although I might have been pushed into volunteering for something in CC. I will let you know tomorrow for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts